Not open for further replies.

fantome07

Sep 1, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
www.flickr.com
DSC_06271.jpg

Please C&C. Thank you in advance.

(1) use a tripod, picture looks seriously soft
(2) use your lens hood or even just your hand to reduce the flare to the right (or is it haze??)
(3) the edges are very distracting - zoom in a little more / crop in PS
(4) white balance looks wrong too

(1) use a tripod, picture looks seriously soft
(2) use your lens hood or even just your hand to reduce the flare to the right (or is it haze??)
(3) the edges are very distracting - zoom in a little more / crop in PS
(4) white balance looks wrong too

Hi Thanks for the comment.
I do use a tripod. Probably its my focusing problem? And yeah, it was very hazy when i took the pic. Will try out item 3. Don't quite understand item 4. If you don't mind, can advice me further? Thanks alot:)

IMO I think for white balance you'll need to judge. Should the walls look whiter or more yellowish? Should it look exactly like how your eyes saw it or you prefer to "distort" it a bit.

IMO I think for white balance you'll need to judge. Should the walls look whiter or more yellowish? Should it look exactly like how your eyes saw it or you prefer to "distort" it a bit.

So at the end of the day is what you want ppl to perceive or which one creates more impact right?

Image looks a little lopsided.

IMHO I think it would be better if you could crop the image to show what you intend to show(the stairs) and exclude things like the side and the bottom (distracting parts). Increase the contrast abit and pump up the saturaton. I think the most important thing when photographing old objects is to show texture and colours, to show what this object has been thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.