Old Singapore Train Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacky1990

Dec 16, 2008
hey guys,

i have heard that there is this old singapore train station linking to malaysia that is apparently a good shooting spot for photographers. can anyone enlighten me of this supposedly popular shooting spot, and how to get there?

thanks.

jacky1990

Dec 16, 2008
and some of the shots here

thanks guys.

Maybe you are talking about the old Bukit Timah train station which was next to King Albert's Park, opposite the Rifle Range Road turn. I have only heard of it, never been there and I think its practically nothing much left. I think it was a interchange station, positioned just before the old split to the now defunct KMT Jurong line.

Last edited:

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
The old Bt Timah train station is still in use?
I only know that the Tanjong Pagar one is in use.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Yeah initially i thought that station wasn't in use but still saw lights especially on the control panel and lever for track changing. Then my friend and i walked along the track past the bridge and somewhere around the bend, we heard a train siren and 3 secs later it appears.

Fortunately we just ran to the sides to avoid getting killed.

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Checked the street directory. That's still the route used from Tanjong Pagar station to Malaysia. Never actually seen the trains pass Bt Timah road when I drive past though ;)

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Checked the street directory. That's still the route used from Tanjong Pagar station to Malaysia. Never actually seen the trains pass Bt Timah road when I drive past though ;)
The KTM is not as regular as our MRT and it's only a few times per day so seeing one is just coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom