Old School Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
bw_portrait_3_small_.jpg

Trying to go for a more old school monochrome look, don't know if this works...

Shot on HP5, scanned and PP on PS.

It's not bad from my perspective. The expression counts in a portrait like this, and I don't see anything wrong with it.
If student were around, he would give you some very good improvement tips. :) If you like this style, keep sticking to it and improve. Cheers man, nice job.

DOF insufficient?
his left eye sharper than his right.
or could it be due to scanning?:dunno:

and his face looks big wrt to his shoulders.

I guess you are referring classic portraiture.

I like the little sad look of your model, but find that some thing is not right here, I let you figure out yourself.

for man, can adopt masculine pose, head leaning toward far side of shoulder slightly, you can ask model sit more up right a little too.

I guess you are referring classic portraiture.

I like the little sad look of your model, but find that some thing is not right here, I let you figure out yourself.

for man, can adopt masculine pose, head leaning toward far side of shoulder slightly, you can ask model sit more up right a little too.

i was actually going more on the aesthetics of the image as compared to the pose (which is probably an after thought as i dug up this neg from several months ago), but really interesting link nonetheless, would want to try it out to get the whole classic look going.

You are talk'g about classical portraiture or tradtional black n white ?

some burning and dodging will really bring out the potential this image has.

Status
Not open for further replies.