Status
Not open for further replies.

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Old Places, a documentary on some forgotten places/professions in Singapore

Trailer link on YouTube

Local film maker Royston Tan, has just announced his documentary is making a repeat telecast on Tuesday 24 August 2010 at 9pm.
Remember to catch it, if you had missed it.

To feedback : feedback_oktonite@mediacorp.com.sg

Related thread in Clubsnap

I think I know where is the place with the dragon :)

I think this is a special documentary. Unlike other documentries, the things featured in this docu are items/things that we actually see or use before. So its really special and dun miss it.

I hope this documentary will encourage people to get out there in the sun to explore Singapore. It's good to see, and experience for yourselves, before all these are gone. Singapore has 'urban renewal' almost daily, here today gone tomorrow. Sometimes heritage sites are added with a lot of non-original gimmicky stuff, horrid. If not, then there's the paying part, to see your own country's history. Pretty sad. Sigh.

:nono:

So get out there and explore!!! :lovegrin:

I miss the show that time, will watch it on 24 aug.

I always like the old places, but singapore dont preserve it, an eg. the old national library say will be preseve, next thing they selling off each bricks as it need to made way for a tunnel..

btw, the dragon and the old coffee power maker are near my place along balestier area. :)

still have the old type bread shop there too!!

dragon playground is still standing at toa payoh too, anyone still knows any old places? :)

I miss the show that time, will watch it on 24 aug.

I always like the old places, but singapore dont preserve it, an eg. the old national library say will be preseve, next thing they selling off each bricks as it need to made way for a tunnel..

btw, the dragon and the old coffee power maker are near my place along balestier area. :)

still have the old type bread shop there too!!

dragon playground is still standing at toa payoh too, anyone still knows any old places? :)

Ah you stay around here?
i passed the coffee powder shop everyday from shaw plaza bus stop to my home :)

I missed the first telecast. Die die also must record this one ah!

Anyone can tell me how to record the show? Sorry im quite out of touch with techonology already. Im from the video tape era. :bsmilie:

Thanks to TS for this piece of information. I had missed the documentary. Glad there's a repeat telecast. :thumbsup:

Anyone can tell me how to record the show? Sorry im quite out of touch with techonology already. Im from the video tape era. :bsmilie:

Set the correct channel and then just press the record button? ensure that there is a blank tape in the recorder in the first place.. btw..

anyway, if you wanna keep it, better put the tape together with camera gears in the dry box.. or it wouldn't last.. tape/record already also no use if you'll lost it later due to fungus.

Last edited:
Set the correct channel and then just press the record button? ensure that there is a blank tape in the recorder in the first place.. btw..

anyway, if you wanna keep it, better put the tape together with camera gears in the dry box.. or it wouldn't last.. tape/record already also no use if you'll lost it later due to fungus.

No longer have a video recorder! lol...nothing but a tv set sitting there. I mean there's a player/recorder out there that records tv channels onto dvd by just pressing "record"?? serious....damn high tech siah.

Sad to say that I don't have any recorder at home, any kind soul can help to duplicate a recorded copy in DVD, please contact me via PM or SMS 96660672.

Such programme would be very meaningful to me and the younger generations in years to come.

Much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

Ah you stay around here?
i passed the coffee powder shop everyday from shaw plaza bus stop to my home :)

i grew up in balestier! can't believe that the old coffee powder shop is still there! it's that one near the whampoa market right? the old breadmaker is still there too. the smell even wafts out to the main road *droolz*.

my grandfather's chinese medical hall used to be there... along where that balestier hawker center or something. in the early to late 90s the shops along that area were all remains from the 50s and 60s if i'm not wrong. the facade used to be really rustic... but now it's all gone :cry:

but balestier remains one of the places where the past is still around if u walk in the back alleys :)

No longer have a video recorder! lol...nothing but a tv set sitting there. I mean there's a player/recorder out there that records tv channels onto dvd by just pressing "record"?? serious....damn high tech siah.

Alamak.. you never say properly.. sounds like you don't know how to operate the recorder.. not don't have recorder..

You can try getting a DVD recorder with HDD.. Yes, just select the channel and press "rec" button. And also the "stop" button lah..

of coz.. muz setup first lah.. maybe can ask the installation guy to setup for you.

Having the HDD one is very convenient.. no need to search for disk/tapes.. fast startup too.. If HDD is running (i.e. on standby), rec is almost instant. Very very fast search/FF too. Also can delete the annoying commercials.

Should be quite affordable nowadays.. Having a DVD drive (even if seldom use) allows the contents to be transferred to disk (and to computer) in case the recorder is due for change..

drooling already? hehehehe... :devil:

of coz, having a DVD drive means it can function as DVD player too..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.