Old Photo Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconvent

Apr 12, 2005
Was at the PC show and quite fascinated by the Epson scanner's ability to restore original colour to old faded reddish coloured photos. Looking at it, its all in the software. Wondering if there is a one touch freeware I can download that will do this job?
Appreciate any suggestions.
cheers

Was at the PC show and quite fascinated by the Epson scanner's ability to restore original colour to old faded reddish coloured photos. Looking at it, its all in the software. Wondering if there is a one touch freeware I can download that will do this job?
cheers

and where is the photos to look ? ^^

and where is the photos to look ? ^^

don't have lah...the demo guy held on to his samples so tight you'd thought they were made of gold foil!

cheers

Record an action
1) Auto level
2) Auto colour
3) Auto contrast

And tada, you have a 1 touch thing to do the job.

Record an action
1) Auto level
2) Auto colour
3) Auto contrast

I have an older Epson Perfection 1650 scanner and R210 printer that do not have this feature.
Its auto mode simply makes sure the colour is true to original!
Anyone can share the techniques to correct such colours in a photo editor (not photoshop)? i.e. what to add and what to minus..etc.
Thanks in advance...

Record an action
1) Auto level
2) Auto colour
3) Auto contrast

Not if your old photos had blemishes on the print itself, those scanners that came bundled with Silverfast software quite good.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.