Old PENTAX SLR lens on current CANON DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2009
Yishun, Singapore, Singapore
Hello everyone, this is my first post in ClubSNAP.

Just bought a Canon 350D from the Garage sales section. It's my first DSLR, in fact, it's the first camera i ever purchased lol.

I hope this new hobby can last me some time lol..

Yup, as mentioned in topic. I would like to ask if it's possible to use lenses from old PENTAX SLR on this CANON DSLR body with adaptor? would it be compatible? or cause damage?

My dad used to play with SLR long long ago and had quite a few unused lens for his PENTAX SLR. So i was thinking whether it could be put to use for the current CANON DSLR.

Boon. :p

B-setting

Jul 16, 2004
Equator
pentax is K-mount right? maybe can check if there is an adapter that covert K-mount to EOS mount?

i remember there is apparently an universal adapter called "Adaptall" ... but not sure. :confused:

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
M42 mount (threaded mount type)?
or
K mount (don't know how to describe, but no mounting thread :) )

Try Tagotech
or do a ebay search.

I think you can try a search on this forum or google, as I've seen mention of this adapter before on the forums. If its M42 mount, its quite easy to get off ebay or tagotech.

Ps. You could have got a Pentax DSLR and saved the trouble ;)

agws1970

Sep 9, 2002
North East Singapore
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my first post in ClubSNAP.

Just bought a Canon 350D from the Garage sales section. It's my first DSLR, in fact, it's the first camera i ever purchased lol.

I hope this new hobby can last me some time lol..

Yup, as mentioned in topic. I would like to ask if it's possible to use lenses from old PENTAX SLR on this CANON DSLR body with adaptor? would it be compatible? or cause damage?

My dad used to play with SLR long long ago and had quite a few unused lens for his PENTAX SLR. So i was thinking whether it could be put to use for the current CANON DSLR.

Boon. :p
http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=198

http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=50

The second one I have. Selling at $20 if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom