Old newbie reporting!

Pearly

Dec 29, 2010
Hi everyone!

I started off with photography when I was about 16 with a Pentax ME Super. I had a standard 50mm and a 1000mm lens for wildlife shots. I then graduated to a Nikon F3 with standard, 75-200mm and 400mm lenses when I was 32 and am now looking for my first digital SLR.

I have been looking at the Canon 60D, but now my thoughts are traveling toward the Nikon D7000! Which lenses and how good the quality will be are my next concerns!

Cheers,

Ian

Welcome:)

Hi everyone!

I started off with photography when I was about 16 with a Pentax ME Super. I had a standard 50mm and a 1000mm lens for wildlife shots. I then graduated to a Nikon F3 with standard, 75-200mm and 400mm lenses when I was 32 and am now looking for my first digital SLR.

I have been looking at the Canon 60D, but now my thoughts are traveling toward the Nikon D7000! Which lenses and how good the quality will be are my next concerns!

Cheers,

Ian
welcome old newbie! :D

do you still have any lenses with you? That might help you decide which brand of DSLR to go for.
You would (with extremely high chance of success) be able to mount Nikkor lenses from film era onto Nikon DSLRs.

Hi,
Welcome to CS old newbie so do I, let's have fun!
D7000 is a good choice if you not intent to photograph protrait in a studio, otherwise D3x

What lenses do you hv now under Nikor mount?

Last edited:
stanycjw said:
Hi,
D7000 is a good choice if you not intent to photograph protrait in a studio, otherwise D3x

-gulp-
You mean to say that I must have a high-megapixel camera to shoot portraits in a studio environment?

:sweat:

stanycjw said:
Hi,

To TS, welcome to CS!! What ZCA said is good advice, high chance of old nikkor lenses being able to mount on the the D7000.

I just did a model shoot in a studio a few days ago, using only a D80 haha, I think I would do fine even with a D40

Hi welcome! :)

Welcome to CS... looking forward to your sharing... :D