Old & New #1
Img_1763.jpg

Old & New #2
Img_1764.jpg

1st one gd timing :thumbsup: but maybe crop tighter may hav more impact :light:

i like the 1st shot! :thumbsup:

sigrd said:
Thank you Uncle Zaren! :)

niece sigrd, to me the first shot is very interesting. there are, on three separate levels, a theme of "small vs big"; a) the lone pedestrian crossing the road at the left of the pic vs the huge crowd of pedestrians coming from the opposite side, b) the small red traffic light vs the big red ball in the middle of the pic, and c) the man on his tricycle vs the big motorcar (which was incidentally beating the light). if you like juiced-up colours, you can also try something like this;

30935552.jpg

zaren said:
niece sigrd, to me the first shot is very interesting. there are, on three separate levels, a theme of "small vs big"; a) the lone pedestrian crossing the road at the left of the pic vs the huge crowd of pedestrians coming from the opposite side, b) the small red traffic light vs the big red ball in the middle of the pic, and c) the man on his tricycle vs the big motorcar (which was incidentally beating the light). if you like juiced-up colours, you can also try something like this;

30935552.jpg
nice ps zaren, it really spice up the pic a lot. the weather on sat is too dark and very cloudy and i dun even dare to take any landscape shots (that's y i nv post anything)

Sorry to be a spolier but, while the 1st one is better, both pictures don't do it for me.

For #1, I know that you are trying to juxtapose the old vs the new in this shot, but the cropping and the angle of the shot needs to be adjusted to improve the shot. Cropping should be tighter, and the angle or perspective of the trishaw vis-a-vis the car needs to be different. Hypothetically speaking, perhaps a side profile shot of the trishaw rider in the forground with the car driver in the background would be more interesting. Of course i understand that this was a picture of opportunity, but i just wanted to illustrate what i meant.

For #2, there's no focal point in the shot. The shot doesn't say anything to you. To me a good streetscene or photojournalistic shot the picture speaks to you with message. Does this make sense?

Anyway, i hope that i've been constructive in these comments. Just keep shooting, and your shots will keep getting better. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.