• CROSSING BRIDGES 16 - PHILIPPINES 2019 - 25 April to 2 May 2019. Limited to 20 participant only, Visit this thread for more information.

Old Man and His Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Virgo said:
No comments at all? :cry:
The white chair is front is distracting the attention though I fully know you probably cant go there and remove the chair.
My eyes keeping looking at the white chair , it becomes my focus attention then the Man and dog. Next try then.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hosea said:
The white chair is front is distracting the attention though I fully know you probably cant go there and remove the chair.
My eyes keeping looking at the white chair , it becomes my focus attention then the Man and dog. Next try then.
Thanx once again. I'm using the 17-40 that time, and this shot is again cropped. I should be using a tele, but only brought my 17-40 at that time. ;)

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
hi virgo..

perhaps you could try an even tighter crop so that only the man and his dog fill the frame?

street shots are normally shot with at wide - normal focal lengths, but there's no law to say that you can't use teles for street shots. try it out, and if it works then you've got a good shot. rules are meant to be broken once in a while :)

Amfibius

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2004
Perth
Virgo said:
What is the reason guys? I thought we can get very good portraiture with teles?
If you followed the link I gave in my above post, the article will tell you why you shouldn't use a tele.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
zaren said:
hi virgo..

perhaps you could try an even tighter crop so that only the man and his dog fill the frame?

street shots are normally shot with at wide - normal focal lengths, but there's no law to say that you can't use teles for street shots. try it out, and if it works then you've got a good shot. rules are meant to be broken once in a while :)
Hey zaren, nice try, and thanks much for the effort! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom