Old Jurong Railway...how`s that for an outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
c0d0d45b.jpg

This is actually part of the the Bukit Timah Railway Station.

2ef24a35.jpg
3347995a.jpg

495f6d88.jpg
51e3cf13.jpg

Its just before the Old Ford Factory and Firestation. There is even some sort of a shopping centre next to it called the RailMall.

Havent really fixed on the date but again it will be a small group. We wont be exploring the whole route but part of the railway. Should be a few hours event but expect to do some trail walking.

I will post up more details later on...interested parties please post here with your questions.

Last edited:
sounds interesting if it's together with the Ford Factory :p
Anyway, ain't the railway still active?
If it is, you guys got to be careful though.
I've always wanted to go there but more closer to King Albert Park area.

The pics were an example of what we might find at the Old Jurong Railway route.

I am still sorting out a few facts about the railway so wont be so so soon.

Yup, still remebers the young days when at night me walk with me fren. We were crossing the road but too many cars. So delayed a little. We were also listening to Discman at that time. so didnt hear anything much. so we took the shortcut walk over the railway to hillview. I thank the delay in crossing the road for that. The minute we near that track, a train zooms by, I remember me and my frens tumbling backwards avoiding it. phew. Close call.

Anyways, I always wanted to take pic of the rail tracks and natures near it. If u go along the route, can see a kingfisher too. Duno why they rest at the wire there.

Count me in bro.

The photos you have taken are of the KTM main line terminating at Tanjong Pagar railway station in Singapore, the branch line towards Jurong Industrial Estate had already been partially dismantled. :)

Yup, still remebers the young days when at night me walk with me fren. We were crossing the road but too many cars. So delayed a little. We were also listening to Discman at that time. so didnt hear anything much. so we took the shortcut walk over the railway to hillview. I thank the delay in crossing the road for that. The minute we near that track, a train zooms by, I remember me and my frens tumbling backwards avoiding it. phew. Close call.

Anyways, I always wanted to take pic of the rail tracks and natures near it. If u go along the route, can see a kingfisher too. Duno why they rest at the wire there.

Count me in bro.
This guy?
8d6e1ea3.jpg

I have my eyes on those rustic looking railway tracks for a long long time...just not enough momentum to get myself off to take them so this outing might be a starting point..just hope that I can make it on the day u all choose..the tracks along Kranji also not bad, no buildings around so might be able to get a cleaner picture.

I have always wanted to shoot near the old KTM station located behind King Albert Park as well. You can consider that area too

If you provide a guide (Google maps) about this Kranji tracks; would really be good if there are no buildings around :)

I have my eyes on those rustic looking railway tracks for a long long time...just not enough momentum to get myself off to take them so this outing might be a starting point..just hope that I can make it on the day u all choose..the tracks along Kranji also not bad, no buildings around so might be able to get a cleaner picture.

Wanted to shoot the railway, this would be a good chance for me to join.
just need to check the date and time once confirm

i'm interested but when ?

yes. It is still active.
Thats where the poly couple died.

c0d0d45b.jpg

This is actually part of the the Bukit Timah Railway Station.

2ef24a35.jpg
3347995a.jpg

495f6d88.jpg
51e3cf13.jpg

Its just before the Old Ford Factory and Firestation. There is even some sort of a shopping centre next to it called the RailMall.

Havent really fixed on the date but again it will be a small group. We wont be exploring the whole route but part of the railway. Should be a few hours event but expect to do some trail walking.

I will post up more details later on...interested parties please post here with your questions.

Please keep me inform when is it.

I have always wanted to shoot near the old KTM station located behind King Albert Park as well. You can consider that area too

I went over to the KTM station 2 weeks ago and there is a sign on the road saying no photography is allowed without official permission. At the station, the guard came and asked me what I wanted. So, no photos that day for me.

I went over to the KTM station 2 weeks ago and there is a sign on the road saying no photography is allowed without official permission. At the station, the guard came and asked me what I wanted. So, no photos that day for me.
Give the old man some "coffee money" and tell him that you are a KTMRFC member. You can shoot all you want after that. :)

Last edited:

Of coz the station is out. You cant shoot inside the station.
Did you ever see ppl shoot in the woodland checkpoint?
On the railway, of coz you can.
But of coz we have to be careful.

they not allow to shoot there anymore even just the station compound. Need a letter from tanjung pagar then they allow

they not allow to shoot there anymore even just the station compound. Need a letter from tanjung pagar then they allow

I'm not so sure. You can try to go there and shoot cause the photo that show here is not the station. This place is at bukit timah road, near railway mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.