Old Ford Factory preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerLordz

Sep 8, 2004
near the Equator
Went down with a representative of SGHeritage yesterday at the invitation of the National Archives.Here are some pictures to serve as an appetizer for everyone.

The official opening will be graced by Minister Teo Chee Hean today at 7pm.The Old Ford Factory will be open to the public from 20th February onwards.

Admission is free for the first year.

FF1.jpg

FF2.jpg

ff3.jpg

There will be many new images of WW2 on display, released by the Imperial War Museum in London.

Do check it out. :)

Where is it located?

Its along Upper Bukit Timah Road, after the firestation.
Just drove pass by, a very selfish bus driver (I guess its for the VIP) parked the big bus along the main road, ;( causing many unhappy drivers to queue up behind and changed lane. Is this part of the public show off of the VIP or VVIP?

Astin said:
Just drove pass by, a very selfish bus driver (I guess its for the VIP) parked the big bus along the main road, ;( causing many unhappy drivers to queue up behind and changed lane. Is this part of the public show off of the VIP or VVIP?

is it a ford bus?:bsmilie:

It's right next to my place. 5 min walk away. Haha maybe should organise tour grp for all the eastern folks!

Astin said:

There wouldn't be enough space for the bus at the top of the hill.

A historical location for singapore, though a sad one where sigpore surrendered to the Japanese. My grandfather used to run a canteen there before the war. Cant wait to go have a look at it with it all spruced up

Astin said:
U meant western folks right?

Nope eastern. Westerners can find their way here... its the East siders that get lost. A lot of my relatives from the East couldn't find my place during CNY...

For those who're interested, you can take 170, 171 or 67 from Newton MRT. Brings you all the way up.

LazerLordz said:
There wouldn't be enough space for the bus at the top of the hill.
This probably is the most common excuse for many illegal parkings, but when VIP is involved it becomes a geniue reason.

Common man will say:
"I park the car outside the coffee shop because there is not enough space in the HDB carpark."

hmm over there only got condos right? how to find parking space (unless you got friends living there?) hmm think take bus down easier~ :)

I tot they were going to tear down that factory !!!

leeter said:
hmm over there only got condos right? how to find parking space (unless you got friends living there?) hmm think take bus down easier~ :)

True... the nearest available public carpark (outside the compund) is B. Batok Nature Park. And you've got to climb an impossibly high slope to get there. Unless you wanna walk 1 big round there's another public carpark round the back of the hill.

leeter said:

Tearing down that factory would be a huge gaffe.

Well, it's also better that you do not have large crowds crashing the place, else the solemnity is interrupted ;).

leeter said:

Haha, every illegal parking drivers will have their "own" reason when giving parking summons, only VIP bus allowed to illegal park and block off 1 lane at Upper Bukit Timah Road on that night, and the bus driver could not move the bus elsewhere to wait, just in case VIP wanted to go home anytime they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.