Old film SLR what will happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess is if the market still requires film photography to be use.. i guess it wont die so quickly, and right now the only people i see still using film cameras is those wedding photographer.. don't know why they are still using film..??
well for my old nikon f60... it will always fill the small corner of my drybox at home.. for sentimentil reasons.. :p
Because clients like me still ask for it. ;p Anyway, that was a couple of years back but now DSLR has matured, so I don't see a need to shoot 35mm film anymore.

to add more fuel to the film camp... surprisingly, after shooting digital for a while.. i find myself lusting after film again.. i recently purchased the final upgrade in my F100.. some may say otherwise but light just comes out looking different on film.. it has a more pleasing quality to my eye.. but then again.. maybe thats coz we've been brought up to be accustomed to the 'film' look.. so the age old adage that film users are lusting after digital is not really true for all..
It really depends on what you are striving for. One thing for certain is that in a correctly calibrated system, a digital image is more accurate and more repeatable. For film, there are so many factors.. age of emulsion, formulation/strength/temperature of film/paper developer, age of developed film, paper colour bias, etc.......

This is just wild speculation...

Maybe an innovative manufacturer will come up with a CCD sensor in the form-factor of a film cartridge... just load, snap shut the camera back, attach the interface cable to an external processing unit (or better still yet, attach a bluetooth adaptor)... and shoot like you're using good old film cameras :)

Technically not impossible, you know... calling all engineers out there, here's an idea for a feasible product ;)
There used to be one. Let me see if it can still be found... Here's something..
http://www.dpreview.com/news/9909/99090501siliconfilm.asp

Their website has virtually no useful information now.
http://www.siliconfilm.com

Already there and still improving, 36x48mm sensor, try this one : 39 mega pixel camera. Best of all, it can use film too :) But it also shows that it takes more than large sensors or lots of megapixels to emulate film, or they won't even bother to include film usage capability.

For digital to emulate film, it needs a sensor that is the equivalent of 20-30mega pixels. We're far from being there yet! ;)

Don't be sad, just enjoy it while it's still here, if you still have it, that is.

Me, I will be very happy if someone sells me their mint Leica SLR/rangefinder for a low price, since film is "dying" anyway. Anyone ? I promise to treat it with respect and care :)

what do you think will happen to those film SLR cameras.. like nikon F6 the and canon EOS series. are people still going to use them...?? in another 5 or 10 years do stores still going to sell film rolls..?? whats the future for old conventional film SLR...
i remember the first time i bought a nikon f60, i was so happy i hardly couln't sleep, coz i save my money for almost 2 years to get that cam even though i bought a used one still it was rewarding. now that i have own a DSLR i also feel sad for the future of old SLR.

Film is still film...nothing can replace it....

Just like artists who wont give up their water colors for a good computer and painting software.

I agree with you. Film is still film and nothing can replace it.

I just dropped by CP yesterday and casually asked about the price for a brand new F80....sadly the lady told me they don't sell film camera anymore...maybe she meant low end film camera. This is depressing. Will shops stop selling slides one day?

Same here, film is film. Although I am using digital for most of my work. I think film camera has its own appealing factors.

I am a fan for vintage manual SLR like the nikon FE, FE2 or FA.

I just dropped by CP yesterday and casually asked about the price for a brand new F80....sadly the lady told me they don't sell film camera anymore...maybe she meant low end film camera. This is depressing. Will shops stop selling slides one day?

I was over at Best Denki at Parkway Parade yesterday.. they are still selling film cameras, but at quite a high price.. presumably not to make too much of a loss..

Looking for a film cam? Just put up a WTB and I am sure you can pick and choose many almost virgin, er I mean mint condition film camera from the B&S in this forum. And at a price that is :bsmilie: :bsmilie: In contrast, not sadly, but you should be very, very happy at the price.

BTW, I got one F80 collecting dust in my drycab......

Looking for a film cam? Just put up a WTB and I am sure you can pick and choose many almost virgin, er I mean mint condition film camera from the B&S in this forum. And at a price that is :bsmilie: :bsmilie: In contrast, not sadly, but you should be very, very happy at the price.

BTW, I got one F80 collecting dust in my drycab......

As clubgrit said above, Leica film camera prices are still quite expensive even used. It depends on what you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.