Old Changi Hospital & Commando Barracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
A friend and I are planning to go shooting at either one of these places but am not sure about the current status of them. Are they still even up or have they been torn down? Any info would be appreciated, directions too!

Thanks!

old changi and commando barracks are still up...

the ford factory has a jaga and the gates are locked... a bit hard to get in...

old changi hospital is still up but be careful, there's a old man caretaker there with some dogs. the dogs are quite aggressive. the last time i was there with a fren, the dogs ran up to the 3rd floor when they heard our voices and almost attacked. bit a hole in my fren's pants in fact. so if you still wanna go, bring a tripod or monopod...

I read about the dogs at the SPI site. Will include a can of pepper spray in my arsenal and remove the padding from my tripod. Sigh... this is one time I wish I hadn't got a CF tripod.

I visited it on Fri and Sat nights...didn't spot anything spooky.
I noticed one of the buildings, the one which housed the small mortuary was demolished, replaced by a patch of grass.

For more info, u can check out Spi's website. (nope im not a member...but they do have more photos than i have of the place, some which i have not even seen from my trips there)

Old Changi Hospital

Old Changi Hospital A & E

If any of you plan to visit, please do NOT make a lot of noise/scream/shout/sing/kick doors/vandalize. Show a little respect for the place.

On saturday night, when i was there with friends, there were another group of explorers who were there, they were so noisy, shouting and trying to scare each other, singing loudly. If something happened to them...probably deserves it. :nono:

Terence, you want to get bitten again ? :bsmilie:

i believed the OCH has been closed off?
perhaps anyone can verify again...?

~Arcanic~ said:
i believed the OCH has been closed off?
perhaps anyone can verify again...?

i was there on friday night 4am and sat nite 3am....do u think it's closed off?

By right it's out of bounds....by left....once evening comes security guards and dogs leave, i guess. Best times to visit...1am-4am. Hehe

To set the record straight, I was never bitten! That incident I related occurred to my hairy colleague. To have a dog bite a piece of your ass while shooting... now, that's dedication to photography.

OCH was open, except we bumped into the caretaker somewhere in the 3rd building, on the second floor... it was a bit spooky. I sort of sensed someone was around the corner and sure enough, I peeped around and the bugger was just standing there waiting for us. I think he was trying to give us a scare... no sign of his hounds though.

I got some interesting shots from the outing. If you want to go, go with someone else, it's too spooky to go alone. My favorite room was the x-ray room. And the spookiest were the operating theatres.. really dark and eerie. The room with the huge pentagram was a bit disturbing too.

Here are some shots...

Some kind of laboratory

Pentagram

Hi,

I believe the old buildings outside commando camp are the property of SAF, and I noticed that they are sometimes patrolled by soldiers. I'm not sure if it's part of their guard duty but then I guess we may not know (perhaps classified?)

An officer from the camp told me I can't shoot photos there, and took down my identity card number. He also assumed that I should know that the buildings are property of SAF, and so no photography is allowed.

As with old Changi Hospital, the previous Malay caretaker was more lenient with explorers. It appears that he's been replaced by a tanned Chinese who's less tolerant.

I was discovered by the Chinese man, and he told me off rather untactfully (like most S'porean security guards are) that photography isn't allowed, and said he would call the police if I continued/remained. Ironically, I didn't see the "No trespassing" or "No photography" sign anywhere.

I have seen images of shoots done there but I'm unsure if those photographers encountered any problems.

Those who wish to go might want to practise stealth and caution.

go read SPI's write up bout OCH..then u understand why they are guarding the outer buildings......there's an underground bunker...most of the buildings have access points to them.

Old british military camps are all similar...they loved the underground 'last minute' escape route.....note...

labrador park (they had underground bunkers there as well....and outpost with a cave? behind the red beacon along the fence u can see what looks like a cave with a Guanyin statue placed, and there seems to be stairs to lead up the face of the cliff)

sentosa (they had underground rooms, Fort Siloso....rumoured underground link to mainland, there's a cave behind Shrangri-la hotel along the coastline only accessible when low tide. Apparently sentosa have lots of secrets...i know all these, coz i used to know a driver who works there, goes on recce runs with his colleagues around the island...it's not as innocent as it seems. hahahaha)

fort canning (open to public...)

Ford motor factory ( also had an underground route? as described by SPI )

Im just waiting for more secrets to be unveiled...maybe those people (eg.SPI) with more permission and access can bring those secrets out of the dark. It's fun to know bout Singapore's secret & mysterious past. Hee

Labrador Park is quite an interesting place to visit. Was there about 2 weeks ago, checking out the secret tunnels. The tour reveals some interesting facts. Check it out at:

http://www.singaporeexplorer.com.sg/labradorpark3.htm

While there also stop at the Olive Ristorante for a meal. The pizzas are the thin crust variety and yummy.

interesting place to shoot, but quite spooky and erriee..... :sweat:

How abt alexandra hospital? heard there a tunnel there too

Status
Not open for further replies.