Old Canon EF & EF-S lens

chihuahua

Nov 12, 2006
I used to shoot Canon a decade ago. Since then i've moved on to several alternative systems and now shoot Sony full frame. I have a collection of old Canon EF & EF-S lens which have been well stored and in very good condition (clean lens..no fungus). I am completely out of touch with Canon now. Can these lens be used on the new Canon cameras? Which cameras will they fit?
I was thinking of either buying a new Canon body (that can fit both EF and EF-S lens) if its not too expensive or just sell them off as i already have a complete Sony system.
What are they worth now anyway? Here is a list of some of my lens.
* Canon EF 24-105 f4
* Sigma DG HSM 50mm f1.4
* Canon EF Ultrasonic 85mm f1.8
* Canon Ultrasonic 28mm f1.8
* Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 (for cropped sensor)
* Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 (cropped sensor)

In addition i also bought in 2010 a new Canon 5D Mk2 while on holiday in Bangkok. I barely used it (probably a few hundred actuations). Went straight into my dry cabinet and forgot about it for years. Its absolutely MINT condition. Whats that worth now?

Check clubsnap classifieds or carousell for their resale market value.

EF lenses can be used on Canon mirrorless (RF mount) using the standard EF-RF adapter. EF-S lenses can technically be used but will cause a cropped image circle, I don't remember whether RF cameras can recognize it and do the required image crop. RF cropped sensor is somewhere under 'rumors'.

EF lenses can be used on Canon mirrorless (RF mount) using the standard EF-RF adapter. EF-S lenses can technically be used but will cause a cropped image circle, I don't remember whether RF cameras can recognize it and do the required image crop. RF cropped sensor is somewhere under 'rumors'.

It wont auto recognize it, have to set the size manually to 1.6x crop in order to auto crop the images it captured.

Reactions: Octarine