Old Bunker @ Labrador park

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas01

Sep 5, 2005
eunos.crescent
leumas01.multiply.com
Have anyone climb up the small hill at the left end of the park and reach a old Bunker?
Been there once alone....spooky. Noone seems to be talking abt that place.:dunno:

Have anyone climb up the small hill at the left end of the park and reach a old Bunker?
Been there once alone....spooky. Noone seems to be talking abt that place.:dunno:

cos its considered tressspassing?... :sweat:

oni know API conducted a nite tour (w/ permission from relevant authority) once quite long ago. pity i missed that chance... :(

Yes, saw that building. Look deserted... below is a small blocked tunnel...

It was 20 years when I went up there with my scout mates :bsmilie:

Nothing much except for walls covered with plant growth & a transmitter tower. The vantage point is good though & you can get to see slits in the walls for gunners to fire through.

mayb SLA could rent rooms out for a gd price??! :bsmilie:

There is suppose to be a tunnel connecting from there to Sentosa. After several investigations they still cannot verify it.

it is a restricted area due to some sensitive maritime equipment.

.. and also that place is rumoured to be very haunted. :think: there used to be a naval base next to it... ask them what they see and heard at night.

There is suppose to be a tunnel connecting from there to Sentosa. After several investigations they still cannot verify it.

If anyone's wondering...the hole at the bottom of the cliff filled with stones/rocks, is not the rumoured "tunnel to sentosa". The hole leads up to the watch towers, up there, there is another hole, filled up too. Should be a ladder which leads from the top to the bottom, but authorities have filled/sealed up the vertical tunnel.

There is however a history sign board nearby at the bottom, which explains the rumours of the "sentosa tunnel"...they had submarines laying mines or something similar like electric lines/cables, hence sighted by people, the rumour of a tunnel constructed came about.

If there are any connected tunnels, only the authorities would know of, since they would be the ones who did the sealing up back in the 60s, 70s. I have a ex-colleague who used to wander around labrador often exploring the tunnels before they were locked up due to lots of abuse (drug addicts, littering, illegal hideouts), there rumoured to be 5 tunnel entrances. So far i could see the main one (near the restuarants/toilets), one renovated but with iron gate, one with iron gate but interior untouched, one small one sealed up (a store room, visible along the walk path), another 5th location unknown. I have no info on it, if the 5th entrance is real. Haa

For the outposts photos, for those who missed the previous outing, here's the photos to see. :)

Photo Album of Tanjung Berlayer outposts

Labrador API / Singapore Urban Explorers event

it is a restricted area due to some sensitive maritime equipment.

.. and also that place is rumoured to be very haunted. :think: there used to be a naval base next to it... ask them what they see and heard at night.

Have not heard any haunting rumours though, the area is pretty popular with anglers. And yup, the naval base next to it is no longer active, but once in a while you could see what seem to be ns boys ferrying (rations?) to sentosa? In a small yellow speed boat/ferry of some sort.

Went up their with just another friend. I climbed up the slope.....never to expect something like that......ohhhh its a old bunker...

Guess I tooked the long and difficult way up, with my tripod in one hand and only one free hand to hold on to branches....

Haha. Great sight.

which slope u climb siah? haaaa

did u see the hole near the edge (below is the other rectangle hole in the ground at the foot of the cliff), that's the one which leads down, if u manage to peer into the hole, u can see the year the vertical tunnel was created. :bsmilie:

nothing much up there, no hidden treasure. Only the experience of enjoying the forgotten buildings' ambience. :sweatsm:

which slope u climb siah? haaaa

did u see the hole near the edge (below is the other rectangle hole in the ground at the foot of the cliff), that's the one which leads down, if u manage to peer into the hole, u can see the year the vertical tunnel was created. :bsmilie:

nothing much up there, no hidden treasure. Only the experience of enjoying the forgotten buildings' ambience. :sweatsm:

I tot that was the only slope up? Its a steep one. I think the other way to get in is thru the radio tower main gate. Yes I saw that hole. Its full of junk now. Hope it can be changed into a small pub or something. Seems to be a nice place to chill out if it is changed into something modern but retaining the old haunted look. Hahaha. Maybe you will see a lady in white drinking next to you. :bsmilie:

I tot that was the only slope up? Its a steep one. I think the other way to get in is thru the radio tower main gate. Yes I saw that hole. Its full of junk now. Hope it can be changed into a small pub or something. Seems to be a nice place to chill out if it is changed into something modern but retaining the old haunted look. Hahaha. Maybe you will see a lady in white drinking next to you. :bsmilie:

I rather they leave it as it is, than converting it to something commercial. Once business is there, a lot of restrictions, like u cant go here or there, restricted area, or the usual "im sorry but photography is not allowed here"....i rather keep history and available for future generations, than allowing it to be some tool for some businessman to earn for himself/herself. :nono:

which side of the cliff did u go up by? :bsmilie:

I rather they leave it as it is, than converting it to something commercial. Once business is there, a lot of restrictions, like u cant go here or there, restricted area, or the usual "im sorry but photography is not allowed here"....i rather keep history and available for future generations, than allowing it to be some tool for some businessman to earn for himself/herself. :nono:

Its that pointed edge slope. There is only one corner out slope i think.

i dun think it will be converted to commercial. I guess PSA/MPA need it for their sea radars.

i dun think it will be converted to commercial. I guess PSA/MPA need it for their sea radars.

It better be....the place should be left alone as it is. There's quite a few urban explorers out there who feel such places should be saved and preserved. For this is actual singapore history, once gone, we can't get it back.

Sorry horror fans... but I was stationed there during my NS and no ghost, lady in white etc.... but we did "catch" a different species there once. A half drunk "Ah Gua" stumbled into our camp!

Sorry horror fans... but I was stationed there during my NS and no ghost, lady in white etc.... but we did "catch" a different species there once. A half drunk "Ah Gua" stumbled into our camp!

u mean that naval base beside the cliff? Yah i have not heard any ghost stories from there either. haaa

Status
Not open for further replies.