old bridge

abdhas96

Feb 5, 2010
Rivervale Drive
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
exposure composition, framing

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
calm atmosphere

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
tired after abt 5 hours waking taking pictures.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
although it is my 1st night shoot, i enjoy looking at the "fakeness look" of branches on top left and sky colour.

c n c for future improvement please.:):)

IMG_1069.jpg

This is Anderson bridge, indeed, it is one of the "old" bridge in Singapore.

Taken at this viewpoint, it is not very impressive.
Should have approach it from a three quarter view so that the three arches or at least two of the three arches could be accentuate. Currently, the bridge looks a bit flat.

Timing of the shot could have been earlier, so that that " fake hanging branch " as mention can be seen more clearly against a blue sky instead.

Picture looks a bit soft here.

After 5 hours of shooting...with only this ? Need to submit more pictures for comment.

This kind of shot would be best taken at around 7 to 7.30pm when the exposure on the sky is very near that of the the buildings'; You don't want to take it when the sky is completely dark.

For this picture, I would crop it into a 16:9 where the bridge is at one third of the frame. And reduce the temp considerably to reveal a little bit of the blue in the sky; Somehow I find that the atmosphere is too warm. Color saturation can be increased in such a way that the reflection in the water starts to look interesting; Night photography is all about colorful lights. :)

u may want to review the "less is good" rule since your title is about the bridge but this photo quite distracting as i see many other objects in the background.

Maybe you want to go closer to the bridge and just shoot part of it (sometimes not necessarily to show the whole bridge to tell ppl its a bridge).

just my humble opinion.

;p

hey thanks to all
tot this picture worth getting c n c from other members.

yes your valuable feedbacks has enlightened me a lot. :thumbsup:
will find opportunity to take the same bridge with all the poniters given.:):)

thanks again guys:cool: