OLd aLEXANDRA hospital to be conserved

La Fontaine

Jun 12, 2008
Jalan Poonpipi
Now, any good suggestion as to what it could be converted to.

me suggest it to be a medical museum.

noticed that most GPs these days are using the digital blood pressure machine liao.

Now, any good suggestion as to what it could be converted to. me suggest it to be a medical museum. noticed that most GPs these days are using the digital blood pressure machine liao.

SGH has a medical museum but yes I think if the whole of Alexandra Hospital with its rich history, is converted into a proper full museum, it would be excellent.

It won't be a musuem.
It will be the training ground for Serangoon General Hospital once Ng Teng Fong Hospital is setup in Jurong East.
Conserved as in "not torn down" to make way for another condo...

They should do the same with OCH :bsmilie:
Yup, preserve and restore into the status of 1945. Would make the other 'residents' feel more comfy.

Why can't they continue to use it as a hospital or specialized clinic center?

Why can't they continue to use it as a hospital or specialized clinic center?

That is exactly what is happening. It has been a training hospital and will continue to be so.

That is exactly what is happening. It has been a training hospital and will continue to be so.

Than we should keep it that way, why do people want to suggest turning it into something else :confused:

The government is sure as hell not going to spend money upkeeping conserved buildings. They need to be commercially viable. Look at the Old Changi Hospital, nothing's done there.

The government is sure as hell not going to spend money upkeeping conserved buildings. They need to be commercially viable. Look at the Old Changi Hospital, nothing's done there.

I would say that your first sentence contradicts your second. Please use proper sentence structure.

I would say " the government will not spend any money to conserve buildings unless they are commercially viable."

There are different meanings, though the words are the same.