Okaylah...since today so free.....NDP Fireworks Outing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi there....

Since there seem to be threads asking for an outing for the Fireworks....

Okay...for those interested......lets meet today at 5.00pm at lavender MRT station outside SIR for todays National Day Fireworks photoshoot outing.

Equipment to bring....

Photography:
- Camera (Digital or Film)
- Remote release (in case u need for BULB) + a piece of black card for manual shutter.
- Torchlight (for setting up in the dark)
- Films ISO 50 to ISO 100
- Tripod
- Groundsheet to sit on (i'll tell you why later)
- lens wide or tele (for tele 100mm should be the maximum for full frame fireworks flower shots)

Personal:
- Food
- Drinks
- Pocket TV etc.

My Plan:
- I'm planign to bring my 13" laptop and my win TV to watch the Parade (hopefully can receive)
- If anyone would be interested to sit around and watch too.....i need a external battery powered speaker with amplifier so that more people can hear the parade telecast) - please let me know through the thread - If don't have i'll try to dig my garage....

Do SMS (97310674) me in case you are late at this number - not too late okay!!! as there may be not enough good place for us to line up our equipment.

Till then...
Happy National Day....

Regards,
Sulhan

Here is the group Photo:
today.jpg

(My description: Malay , balding, black camera bag, plump)

Preview i was opposite the beach road block.......no too bad but must use zoom....today plan to see where good lah......possibly from the highway south wards...se if can get lobang.....heard that last preview some of them kena chase away.....

regards,
SUlhan

Originally posted by sulhan
Preview i was opposite the beach road block.......no too bad but must use zoom....today plan to see where good lah......possibly from the highway south wards...se if can get lobang.....heard that last preview some of them kena chase away.....

regards,
SUlhan

Read today's ST, all good locations revealed.

http://straitstimes.com.sg/singapore/story/0,1870,136499,00.html?

Regards
CK

wah so early ??

i go with szekiat ...meet at aljunied mrt 6.20 then go to tanjung rhu.....

anyone wanna join at tanjung rhu, contact me at my mobile 98177011 hehehe

-Andre

Hieee. ....

I would like to thank the girls and guys who turned up today.
The group was just nice to help shooh away the fisherboys.....(some guys were fishing at the location).....

Hope to be able to share the photos when they are ready......

For those of you guys/gals......would you help me recall your nick....

a) Three Girls - Led by pandora
b) Three Guys with Digital Camera
c) One gentleman with his Gfriend
d) Me and my wife.......

Total - 10 of us........wow not bad for an impromptu outing....

Have a great weekend....!!!!

regards,
Sulhan

Originally posted by sulhan
Hieee. ....

I would like to thank the girls and guys who turned up today.
The group was just nice to help shooh away the fisherboys.....(some guys were fishing at the location).....

Hope to be able to share the photos when they are ready......

For those of you guys/gals......would you help me recall your nick....

d) Me and my wife.......

Total - 10 of us........wow not bad for an impromptu outing....

Have a great weekend....!!!!

regards,
Sulhan

sounds familiar. are you people at the pier near Kallang Sea Sports Club?

This is the group.....

today.jpg

(compliments to silhoutte of kevin's photo taking position)....

d) Me and my wife .......

Happy Holidays!!!

Regards,
Sulhan

Wow, Sulhan!

Back so soon and already edited some of the pictures? ;) Anyway, thanks so much for organising this last minute!

My first attempt at taking fireworks, hope the pictures will come out all right. :p

Sulhan, Thanks for the outing. I really can not remember all the guys/gals names, hahahaha.....

By the way, Sulhan, do u have the non-resized group photo?

Originally posted by siewsphone
Sulhan, Thanks for the outing. I really can not remember all the guy/gals names, hahahaha.....

By the way, Sulhan, do u have the non-resize group photo?

group photo? post ! post ! post ! ;)
not able to go to kallang today, shoot only at near hdb on my place in toa payoh will post in other thread.

ai ya..... missed the outing....
:cry:

was in the stadium instead.....:devil:
anyway, where did you guys and gals go?

Originally posted by Almond
ai ya..... missed the outing....
:cry:

was in the stadium instead.....:devil:
anyway, where did you guys and gals go?

Almond, you lucky devil! ;p
How did it go for you? Did your pass allow you to run around freely? As for us, err, I just followed blindly and don't exactly know where we were ... hee hee!

Hope everyone managed to get good pictures of the fireworks!

I went for the fireworks today. With my friends.
We went to those hdb flats opp Golden Mile., blk 4, lvl 13.
The view there was fantastic, and the fire works was in full view of my lens. No trees no building to block me.

Sadly, i made a big mistake of not bringing extra film, and had to sit out as towards the end of the fireworks display.

Originally posted by Pandora

Almond, you lucky devil! ;p
How did it go for you? Did your pass allow you to run around freely? As for us, err, I just followed blindly and don't exactly know where we were ... hee hee!

Hope everyone managed to get good pictures of the fireworks!

yup.... the pass lets me run everywhere...... but i'm out of bound from the grand stand (where the PM and Big P is).

i cannot wait for the picture..

show show show

Hiee....

THe location was good as we are directly perpendicular (plus minus 5 degrees) so the fireworks framing is spot on with symmetry.

The only regrets..........was sooo engrossed in trying to catch the fat Chinook over our heads as it flew pass the pebble bay.........I missed out the A-4 improved skyhawks...spread fan formation %&#^%^$^&$%!$^!%%^!&$%@&#%&!$^%$#..........compiler error.....

I think next time, a medium size group like this would help in conquering spots for photography......

Me going to send my film today.......so if got good ones will share....

regards,
Sulhan

hahaha, i told my friends not to be so engrossed in that ugly chopper, but they never listen! :rolleyes:

another minor point. it's not the F-16s that fan out. They are the old A4SU Super Skyhawks. Then followed by three F-16s in full afterburner (that's why you can FEEL the roar)

Status
Not open for further replies.