Okay okay, last "What notebook to buy" question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art-friend got notebooks and sketchbooks at $20 for A4, popular also got.

Alright enough with jokes.

Macs are great, less prone to viruses and worms (though not immune), more system stability, and so-on. Only cons are that some software might not work as well or doesn't support Mac. If you have the extra money get the Macbook (its expensive), else other PC notebooks would do great.

Last edited:
yep, ram is quite important when you're doing intensive work in Ps etc, but there're diminishing returns after some point. that said, DDR2 ram is so cheap nowadays.

on the other hand, you might be surprised by how much difference a faster hard drive can make though. a 7200rpm drive will cost an arm and a leg, but the new 500gb 5400rpm drives can match the 320gb 7200rpm hdds and are relatively affordable. eg the WD scorpio blue 500gb.

* caveat: i own a 1st gen macbook.

I understand the point about the 5400rpm vs 7200rpm. Sadly, I don't think I can use the 7200rpm's as the internal harddrive without having to purchase leopardx OS itself, and that'll add to the cost..

I understand the point about the 5400rpm vs 7200rpm. Sadly, I don't think I can use the 7200rpm's as the internal harddrive without having to purchase leopardx OS itself, and that'll add to the cost..

check refrubish section, 1.7k for a 2.0ghz alu body macbook :)

actually mine is quite smooth so far running on 2GB ram

Status
Not open for further replies.