have you shot for free b4?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
how many of you have shot for free? ;p

Never.. Because still n00b and I consider myself not good enuff...

I shoot for free for friends. Used to shoot hall events also and "contribute" to the hall residents for ordering...I don't get any profit, just that the comm will reimbuse me for the film.

Other than that (i.e. non-friends), need to at least reimbuse for film and processing...

Hey, what has me shooting for free or not got to do with you?? :bsmilie:

Ah Pao said:
Hey, what has me shooting for free or not got to do with you?? :bsmilie:

nothing to do with me....but now everyone else knows who to look for... ;p

Shodan99 said:
Never.. Because still n00b and I consider myself not good enuff...

does it matter whether u are good enough? you are shooting for free after all! ;)

Ben1223 said:
Only once. Not for weddings or functions. For Eye E Cty. Still a newbie.
So I guess under 'for charity'.

eye e city is an interesting project... hmmm, i should have included "self actualization" as a poll option. :sweat:

I sell my photo and the revenue is all for charity only,does this count as charity?

As long as there are no commercial application to what I shot then there really is no charge to it. But I would still impose some copyright protection to my work just in case...charity or no charity.

The only commercial exception I make is when I am shooting products for the company that employs me. Given that being part of my job discription. Any other commercial base project will be charged.

I think I shoot free also nobody wants. Newbie still in the learning process. :bsmilie:

Venom81 said:
I think I shoot free also nobody wants. Newbie still in the learning process. :bsmilie:

Haha me too. :bsmilie:

afbug said:
Haha me too. :bsmilie:

Maybe we could get together and learn. :bsmilie:

despo to build up my portfolio tats y.... lol..

but now.. looking forward to do photo-journalism at myanmar...

i think i do not even fall into any of the choices.
i even have to pay others to shoot them..... :bsmilie:
with the time and money spent on our equipment with the heavy load and road marches that we do....how to consider free??? :bsmilie:

done free once for charity event of a corporate org.
they provided me everything that i needed (meal, transport, film, batteries).
it was shoot-n-go and they take care the rest like dev and process.
since i moved to digital, my slr was in the dry cabi and they even want to pay the cost of general servicing my slr at canon before the event, but i rejected the offer.

maybe it was lady luck smilling at me.
every now and then, when they have corporate event, then will ask for my service. and i do charge them.

the ppl on the streets who wanted me to help them take a snapshot, i never ask for a single cent...... :angel:

Yes, I do shoot for free once in a while for charity. We must not only take but also must gives mah .... :angel:

If you do shoot for Red Cross, they have your name acknowledged in their newsletter ... :)

lol good one, I did not think of that.

Did the PhotoAid event at the merlion and together we shot thousands of pictures
for "FREE"

Free as we did not earn a single cent, in fact we still need to cover running costs from our own pockets. Had lots of fun and met lots of nice people.

i used to shoot weddings for anyone.

but wef 2005, i only help out Christians & friends for their AD and pre-weddings. hee hee....

though it is fun...but quite overwhelming last year as people tend to grab free things and pass my contact around ... :confused:

think helping out my fellow bro & sis-in-Christ and friends are much more worthy

i will only do it free for friends :)

Status
Not open for further replies.