Ok for dry cabinet to be in air con room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkyfoot17

Jan 2, 2005
Tampines
Hi all, just wanna ask if it's ok for a dry cabinet to be in an air con room,whose air con is only turned on at night? (master bed room)

Will there be condensation inside the dry cabinet when the air con is turn off and generate fungus growth?

If you are using a Dry Cabinet, which is powered and moderated, your aircon will not affect it at all. (unless u are using a dry box with silica gel)

If it does, u can throw away ur dry cabinet already. :)

if your room is already airconditioned then most likely dont need the dry box already if you bring out and use your camera everyday..

on the other hand if have a lot of stuff or dont use the camera regularly, dry cabinet is a good investment.

Hi all, just wanna ask if it's ok for a dry cabinet to be in an air con room,whose air con is only turned on at night? (master bed room)

Will there be condensation inside the dry cabinet when the air con is turn off and generate fungus growth?

as long as the dehumidifier unit is working fine, you have no worries.

it's ok. my electric dry cabinet is in an airconditioned room.

All my dry cabinets in my air con bedroom.

Ryan

There's no problems with doing so at all.

You might want to avoid taking the equipment out of the cabinet right after you have turn off the air conditioner. It will just like you bring your equipment from an air conditioner place to outdoor. The lens will fogged up and might have condensation if you do that often.

So if i leave my dry box in my cabinet for like a few months, is it okay? Cause my dad keep my camera and only let me play after my exams. But the dry box has those sillica gel

So if i leave my dry box in my cabinet for like a few months, is it okay? Cause my dad keep my camera and only let me play after my exams. But the dry box has those sillica gel

I wouldn't suggest so. Sillica gels can't gurantee you a fixed humidity level and over a long period of inactivity, you could risk fungus growth.

Do really consider getting a dry cabinet which has a pre-set humidity level.

Alternatively, place a good hygrometer inside the box and check the level every few days.

if your room is already airconditioned then most likely dont need the dry box already if you bring out and use your camera everyday..

You won't need a dry cabinet much if you use all your stuff everyday, airconditioned room or not. ;)

dry cabinet in air-con room? agree with most of them, shdnt have any problem. so far mi no problem la...

if got problem, dun use air-con or throw away dry cabinet? hmmm... :think:

Wow, thanks for all the replies.

Glad to hear all these positive answers. Was kinda worried for a while ...

If i use my camera a few times a week or everyday for shoots and assignments, would a dry cabinet be necessary?

It's currently sitting in my camera bag. Also where to get a dry cabinet? Any suggestions?

If i use my camera a few times a week or everyday for shoots and assignments, would a dry cabinet be necessary?

It's currently sitting in my camera bag. Also where to get a dry cabinet? Any suggestions?

Please.

Do a search

camera bag is for your to carry your gears around.

dry cabinet is a place to store your gears.

so, can you tell the difference?

Do a search in the forums and answers will pop up.

But I shall be nice, you can get at Carrefour or the reputable shops like CP, JO etc. I got mine at OP. Alright, you shall go and find out those abbreviations of the shops yourself. Its scattered all over CS. :)

Thanks Ryan! :)

Yes, I know the abbreviations! I will try OP or Carrefour then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.