Oh Noooo! My card in the washing machine!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Jun 23, 2005
East Coast
I jus finish a actual wedding shot a few days ago. But something stupid happened to me. I was very tired after the wedding shot and when i went home, i didnt even check my clothings before i throw my dirty clothing into the laundry basket. Then next day, when i was downloading it, i found that i lost a card and colud not find it in any places or slots in my camera bags. Then i realised i have placed in my shirt pocket! I rush down to my shirt and i manage to find it! But was soaking in washing powder! I quickly rush back to my room and dry my card with the hairdryer. Then i make sure that it is dry before i pluck into my 20D. But it read card error. I tot that was gone. But never expect that when i place in my card reader, it is working! Thanks god! All the photos were retrieve! It was a relieve! This card is damn reliable and i will never use other brand again! A true real story by me! :thumbsup:

what brand

u're lucky, and congrats! heehhe..

next time.. IF ever it happens again, a hair dryer won't do. leave it in the dry cabinet for a few days at least, the internals have to dry too, and a hairdryer on the outside for a few mins won't help. actually if u heat it up too much also no good.

I think somebody here also encountered this problem same as you.

Moral of the story: Always empty your pockets before throwing ur dirty clothes into the laundry basket. :bsmilie:

Oracle: Thank goodness u managed to recover all ur photos, glad for u. What brand is the CF btw?

No surprise for me. I have similar experience and my card survived after a full wash and dry process.

Wah, you should write to the manufacturer with your testimony, makes for great reading.

Astin said:
(PS, the card is sparkling clean after the "wash")

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: this is real interesting haha . hey oracle so whats the brand??

Guess which brand of CF cards is going to appear in a MO soon?

tomshen said:
No surprise for me. I have similar experience and my card survived after a full wash and dry process.

but dun do that too often...:nono: hahaha.. :bsmilie:

Same happened to my passport which I left in my trousers, and it got all soaked up. My entrance stamp to SG was gone, as it was still 'fresh', but I got it renewed at the immigration.......

When I left for Medan (this was after the Tsunami) and came back to SG, the immigration officer said if it went through the Tsunami.........I couldn't answer here as I was taken aback by her 'joke' :) (she meant it as a joke, to which I just smiled, actually later I wanted to tell her I just found it floating by and picked it up, but maybe it was wiser not to joke too much with them).....

Good CF card you have!

Hong Sien

heard of t he sandisk extreme story? photographer went to shoot a demolishing ceremony and his camera destroyed but not the CF card. :bigeyes:

The Oracle said:
I jus finish a actual wedding shot a few days ago.

So can show some of your photos since I remember you did ask a few questions regarding wedding shoot (flash, lens etc).

Like to see how it turn out:)

And what card reader are you using?.... and also the hair dryer what brand one;p

My 1Gb thumbdrive went through a wash without the cap on and came out with all the data on it. Guess flash memory is a good thing! My O2 Mini also survived being dropped into the toilet bowl - don't ask how, let's just say that it's true that men can't multitask!!

Phildate said:
My 1Gb thumbdrive went through a wash without the cap on and came out with all the data on it. Guess flash memory is a good thing! My O2 Mini also survived being dropped into the toilet bowl - don't ask how, let's just say that it's true that men can't multitask!!
Toilet bowl? ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................. :bigeyes: So, still in use? ;)

Same thing happened to me. My thumbdrive had a good 2-hour wash in the washing machine without any data loss. It's still working fine after 1+ years. *touch wood*.

My wife will love this thread. She's an advocate of the "check your pockets before you throw your laundry in the machine" movement. Don't know how many coins and packets of tissue of mine she's had to fish out of the machine... naturally the nagging follows right after.

Terence said:
My wife will love this thread. She's an advocate of the "check your pockets before you throw your laundry in the machine" movement. Don't know how many coins and packets of tissue of mine she's had to fish out of the machine... naturally the nagging follows right after.

BTDT.. all wives are the same. :bsmilie:

if i earn 10cents for every time i kena scolding from my wife abt leaving tissue paper, coins, notes, tickets... etc... i shld have enuf $ for a H1d... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.