Oh no! Sony A100 lens are sold like chicken rice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
the onyl cheap lens i see are the 2 kit lens, ie. 18-70mm & 75-300mm.. the rest where got cheap?

also, i believe the 11-18mm and 18-200mm are oem from tamron.. so might as well get tamron ones, cheaper :)

They at Sony don't do things like Canon.

http://www.sonystyle.com.sg/sonysty...ay.jsp?Level1=26947&Level2=2063&page=sonyhome

Since Sonies are so cheap, how about the qualities? :confused:

Actually >$1000+ is not cheap.
Not to me anyway.
I got nothing against Sony. (But in USA, a lot of people got angry when Sony tried to put copy protection (that secretly puts something in your PC or affects your PC in some way) in music CDs without informing customers and without the OK from USA regulating body. They got hell from the USA Govt and the US public.)
It is an excellent brand, for TVs especially.

Their way (you say like chicken rice selling) is good.
They inform the public of what price to expect.
So people make their choices.

But personally, will prefer Canon digicam SLR, since got EF lenses already and no need to buy again another set of lenses.
Actually did not buy any digi SLR yet. Quite put off by rapid new models creating obsolescence for the models sold 2 years ago.

Not to me anyway.
I got nothing against Sony. (But in USA, a lot of people got angry when Sony tried to put copy protection (that secretly puts something in your PC or affects your PC in some way) in music CDs without informing customers and without the OK from USA regulating body. They got hell from the USA Govt and the US public.)
It is an excellent brand, for TVs especially.

Their way (you say like chicken rice selling) is good.
They inform the public of what price to expect.
So people make their choices.

But personally, will prefer Canon digicam SLR, since got EF lenses already and no need to buy again another set of lenses.
Actually did not buy any digi SLR yet. Quite put off by rapid new models creating obsolescence for the models sold 2 years ago.

Mount wise, they're still using the minolta mount. So those using original Minolta lenses will have no issues migrating over.

They just rebranded the lesnes as Sony. Eg. The 5600HS flash... now its rebranded as a different model but internally, its still a minolta.

it is good that sony have fixed prices for all these lens and accessories. Having these prices, you would not have to worry about getting conned. :D

but i would like to add, sony promoters always have a difficult time telling customers that all the prices are fixed and there is no bargaining. esp if you have worked at those road shows.

A100 is less than sgd1000 for your info. you might want to look at sony's promotion here : http://www.sony.com.sg/promotion/pdf/alpha.pdf . the gps and memory stick and photo viewer are pretty expensive items. you can argue that the free gifts are useless but i think those items are pretty useful and nice.

and yes, many minolta users already have good quality minolta lenses that can work on A100, so the lack of lenses sony currently suffers is still ok for a pretty long period.

Well, i think people are just bias about non-popular brands (olympus & sony) etc. When they sell at a market price similarly to Canon and Nikon, they say its ridiculously priced. When they launched offers, they will immediately jump into conclusion say its too cheap ..
Anyway, how can a GPS device and Photo viewer worth $700 ?? Its just marketing figures.
If you think paying more = better quality = makes you a better or respectable photographer, go ahead with the branded models.

Yes, i agree with PAI too .. i dont understand why package freebies offers are compared to chicken rice. $2 chicken rice now got free chicken legs and liver ??

I believe that incorporating a GPS device that tags the photos is a very good idea so that there is no need to write down or remember the places.

Unfortunately, we'll not see it with Nikon or Canon anytime soon.

canon and nikon all along have this.. but only for certain models of dslr..

I believe that incorporating a GPS device that tags the photos is a very good idea so that there is no need to write down or remember the places.

Unfortunately, we'll not see it with Nikon or Canon anytime soon.

haha.. i think Sony lens are sold more like Mandarin Hotel chicken rice.. so expensive.. hahaha :bsmilie:

The GPS device synchronizes its time with the camera's internal clock. Tagging GPS coordinates to images is simply a case of matching GPS coordinates at a particular point of time with the tag for time of photo taken and writing that into the EXIF.

Technically the Sony GPS device would work with any digital image that has a time format that the software can read, match and then write.

Is this really cheap?

like me.:bsmilie: but i have one minolta prime.
one but nevertheless a rare find.
that lens is a gem...

The GPS device synchronizes its time with the camera's internal clock. Tagging GPS coordinates to images is simply a case of matching GPS coordinates at a particular point of time with the tag for time of photo taken and writing that into the EXIF.

Technically the Sony GPS device would work with any digital image that has a time format that the software can read, match and then write.
means the copied this idea from a small 3rd party firm.. i read about this idea quite some time back in CS already. posted be cjit if i'm not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.