Oh no! somebody's hand is in my frame

was taking a photo of a busker today and this guy stood in front of me and blocked me, and started snapping away. he came in from the side so he definitely would have seen me there.

so he stood there for 1 minute and just as i thought he was going away, he just turned left and right and continued shooting. as i was about to tap his shoulder, he turned around, gave me a conceited, can't-be-bothered look and walked off.

what an ass.

was taking a photo of a busker today and this guy stood in front of me and blocked me, and started snapping away. he came in from the side so he definitely would have seen me there. so he stood there for 1 minute and just as i thought he was going away, he just turned left and right and continued shooting. as i was about to tap his shoulder, he turned around, gave me a conceited, can't-be-bothered look and walked off. what an ass.

Getting a bit too common nowadays , typically now it has become a need to 'shove' a bit , sigh.

I was just scolded / nagged by another person who just squeezed into my front , blocked my camera's whole view with her iPad and refused to budge when I asked her 'would u mind lowering your iPad , it's blocking everyone'. She ultimately cursed and walked off when others started complaining.

Being nice , considerate isn't really reciprocated that much nowadays.

During those moments , I really had the urge to just take her iPad and allowed it to drop, this I confess.

The selfishness of photographers. Always putting themselves before others. Always care about their own shots than the safety of other people or animals. Always comparing equipment.

Whats else have we not seen? Bring ladder into shopping centre fashion shows, fight with each other with monopods at F1, remove nest from trees to photograph birds, make security guard life miserable, photobomb other people wedding photos, harass the homeless old folks at chinatown, take voyeur pictures at orchard road, trespassing into private properties, always criticizing other people's photos, always cannot take criticism when they they themselves asked for it, which they are really only asking for praises, form groups and gangs and do the above mentioned in groups.

Gone where the days where the photogaphers are discreet reclusive artists practicing their craft. Today many photographers and camera owners are attention seeking-dancing monkeys all shouting LOOK AT ME!

The ugliness of photographers.

I agree with you, some will just stand in front of you blocking your shot with their whole body.

Most of the time, just a gentle reminds and excuse nicely will work and don't be aggressive with the tone.

The selfishness of photographers. Always putting themselves before others. Always care about their own shots than the safety of other people or animals. Always comparing equipment.

Whats else have we not seen? Bring ladder into shopping centre fashion shows, fight with each other with monopods at F1, remove nest from trees to photograph birds, make security guard life miserable, photobomb other people wedding photos, harass the homeless old folks at chinatown, take voyeur pictures at orchard road, trespassing into private properties, always criticizing other people's photos, always cannot take criticism when they they themselves asked for it, which they are really only asking for praises, form groups and gangs and do the above mentioned in groups.

Gone where the days where the photogaphers are discreet reclusive artists practicing their craft. Today many photographers and camera owners are attention seeking-dancing monkeys all shouting LOOK AT ME!

The ugliness of photographers.
sigh...

if I'm paid to do the shoot, than I must die die get the shots, otherwise, I try to stay far far away from such shoots, everyone having the same photos, is just wasting time and energy to shoot.

there are good and bad ppl ard 1. i rem shooting near mbs with my 17-40L uwa on my 5d2 few yrs back. I took a good spot for the firework, and soon later more and more ppl came..
the guy very close to me ask me whether he will come into my frame or not. i think this is a good practice
yes, when we go out and shoot, always try to make friends with fellow photographers.
when experience is positive, we will feel good whenever we look at the photos again.

Reactions: G-man
was taking a photo of a busker today and this guy stood in front of me and blocked me, and started snapping away. he came in from the side so he definitely would have seen me there.

so he stood there for 1 minute and just as i thought he was going away, he just turned left and right and continued shooting. as i was about to tap his shoulder, he turned around, gave me a conceited, can't-be-bothered look and walked off.

what an ass.
sorry to hear about your encounter.

the photos we took usually reflect ourself, so don't feel so bad about this. ;)

Getting a bit too common nowadays , typically now it has become a need to 'shove' a bit , sigh.

I was just scolded / nagged by another person who just squeezed into my front , blocked my camera's whole view with her iPad and refused to budge when I asked her 'would u mind lowering your iPad , it's blocking everyone'. She ultimately cursed and walked off when others started complaining.

Being nice , considerate isn't really reciprocated that much nowadays.

During those moments , I really had the urge to just take her iPad and allowed it to drop, this I confess.
please don't do this, I hope not to see any photographers fighting on stomp or youtube

I agree with you, some will just stand in front of you blocking your shot with their whole body.
some time we need to understand, "it is just a photo", there are many thing in our life are greater than a photo.

so if a person put their photos before everything, when without the photo, they are noting, nobody, don't you think this is a vey sad?

they either think they r very slim or r transparent.
greentongue.gif

They are capable of thinking? Wow! That's new.
lol, just an another day, do't take it so hard.

Most of the time, just a gentle reminds and excuse nicely will work and don't be aggressive with the tone.
agreed. :)

Last edited:
they either think they r very slim or r transparent. :p

I drove past that building one of those evenings last week. Saw a few "snipers" on the podium roof top. One of them must be you!
Lol, could be me..

anyway, the timelapse have be uploaded to my stock agency and accepted into the collection.

here are the footage. the second footage is the hands into my frame

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-33111584-chinatown-luna-new-year-celebration.php

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-33111626-chinatown-luna-new-year-celebration.php

yes, when we go out and shoot, always try to make friends with fellow photographers.
when experience is positive, we will feel good whenever we look at the photos again.

I never expected this when I first started dabbling in photography about a year ago but I have come to know many great guys while shooting or during outings. Definitely a much welcome bonus in photography =)

At the hong kong peak, I also encounter such incident too. Only when playback, then can see those hands too. Esp with wide lens, no choice one.

At the hong kong peak, I also encounter such incident too. Only when playback, then can see those hands too. Esp with wide lens, no choice one.

true!! Sometimes there r no choice. Everyone is in a rush. Everyone think they have the right n r correct. But, at least it is windy & cold (at least for dec) at the HK peak, inconsiderate people can't block your view for too long. The cold wind will "blow" them away. Unless of course there are many inconsiderate pple around who take turns to show hand show arm, shoulder n head in your pics!

However, from another perspective, they may be tourist. so, time is also precious to them. they just want to snap & go. In a way, it is also not very reasonable to ask them to wait for our timelapse & long exposure. They may think that photographers r inconsiderate people too. They think photographers r mad; take one pic also take so long. we think they r inpatient. can't wait meh? Just a matter of perspective. Sometimes it is difficult to say who is right or wrong. But of course, there are the really annoying n rude ones, both photographers & non-photographers.

Last edited:
I already park my tripod at the fence liao. They point here n there, then I see hands. Tripod also kenna shake a few times. Crowded places are like that one. No choice lor.