Oh No... I Left something Behind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Have you ever not bring something essential (photographic equipment) on a Holiday before ? If you have, we would like to hear you. :confused:

Let me start.

2 weeks back, I was on a Holiday to Hong Kong, packed everything swee swee , or so I thought. Camera body, 4 lenses, tripod even, portable storage, battery charger all in my bag. Reached the hotel started unpacking... and then I realised... something is missing! I brought my D100 charger along, but not the cable. Whats worst, my battery is already half gone. I went down to Wingshing, they said they couldnt help... ask me go Nikon HK to buy.... . I ended up, trying to conserve battery and only took essential shots.... . Last 3 days, I stumbled upon a touristy camera shop in Central... and tried my luck there, HENG they sell it. $12 though!

marcwang said:
Have you ever not bring something essential (photographic equipment) on a Holiday before ? If you have, we would like to hear you. :confused:

Yes, there was once I bring my earlier Manfrotto 055PROB tripod and left the plate at home.
Only found out when I was about to set up the tripod at site. :cry:

i tot the nikon charger cable is generic type? i've got a whole bunch of cables from other stuffs that can fit the charger too..

marcwang said:
yes it is generic, but I cant speak cantonese, dunno where their sim lim is... quite jia lat
Their mini-simlim is down at Mong Kok side :)

espn said:
Their mini-simlim is down at Mong Kok side :)

but it is still a problem if he cant speak cantonese and somemore mongkok got so many shops

anyway, there was once i left my CF card at home

no choice but to take out my 32MB CF from my PDA and shoot at jpeg small

luckily no need to shoot much that day

:sweat:

Most of them speak cheena & engrish nowsadaze. When I went shopping at Wing/Man shing , I spoke in cheena & engrish also. :)

Even at lady's street, when I speak to the hawkers I also never use canto, I speak solely in cheena :)

not really holiday, but...

was covering a wedding once, with 2 camera bodies. loaded up my main body's camera strap around my neck, and was about to do the same with my second body when i realised..

"oh sh!t i forgot to bring the strap for that one!"

had to scavenge my camera bag for some resemblance of a working strap:sweat:

Do make a check list when you are packing for a holiday. Cheers dude.;)

my d70 battery batt indicator showed empty one day into trip.. forgot to bring charger but lucky me the second batt lasted the remainder of the trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.