Oh my, what have you done???

akszaksz

5984399594_f13b203206_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Lighting.
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
correct technique of using light.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This is my first time trying out my wireless flash trigger, or should I say strobing?
Photo taken with 50D, 24-70 @ 70mm F2.8, 1/200 w/ Nissin Flash & Softbox. All manual mode.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Concept-wise I personally think quite cute. But I'm seeking to see whether is there anything that can make this photo better.

Thanks~!

nothing much to add except that you did a great job with

- the concept and storyline is clear
- its execution
- the choice of a couple of simple colors
- the catchlights
- forcing the dim-witted like me to take a 2nd look before catching the punchline

:)

i had a little trouble figuring out what the object in the background was at first. eventually it's evident that it's head was stolen. maybe a less strong bokeh might help. otherwise, i like this it's cool ;)

Very nicely done, so this is getting into the nitty-gritty, but maybe the box-figure in the background can be in a different pose- it looks a bit, well, boxy.

OTOH that might be tough for a box-figure. Maybe use something like another toy? Eg. Some doll whose head can be removed? That might also make the theme (Toy Story?) more obvious.

But again, very nicely done, just a suggestion for a different way to set up the scene.

i had a little trouble figuring out what the object in the background was at first. eventually it's evident that it's head was stolen. maybe a less strong bokeh might help. otherwise, i like this it's cool ;)

Very nicely done, so this is getting into the nitty-gritty, but maybe the box-figure in the background can be in a different pose- it looks a bit, well, boxy.

OTOH that might be tough for a box-figure. Maybe use something like another toy? Eg. Some doll whose head can be removed? That might also make the theme (Toy Story?) more obvious.

But again, very nicely done, just a suggestion for a different way to set up the scene.

Will take these into consideration for future shots, thanks =)

Love the concept and the execution. If you had framed them more drastically, to give the impression the dinosaur is running away with the head, this would have been perfect!

I love Danbo in peril...

Maybe a tiny flick of fill on the dark side of the Danbo-eating monster since the Danbo body is brightly lit. Or knock down the exposure on the Danbo body a bit.
Just opinion, it is a great pic as it is.

Danbo is boxy because it is made from boxes lol.

Last edited:
It's a nice naughty picture. :) I like how you injected humor into the picture. :) you're not really making a dig at Adam, right? :bsmilie:

The use of light is really nice too. It's like he sneaked into a warehouse to steal something in the middle of the night. :) please share more!! :)

Love the concept and the execution. If you had framed them more drastically, to give the impression the dinosaur is running away with the head, this would have been perfect!

I love Danbo in peril...

Maybe a tiny flick of fill on the dark side of the Danbo-eating monster since the Danbo body is brightly lit. Or knock down the exposure on the Danbo body a bit.
Just opinion, it is a great pic as it is.

Danbo is boxy because it is made from boxes lol.

Thanks, will take note of it =)

It's a nice naughty picture. :) I like how you injected humor into the picture. :) you're not really making a dig at Adam, right? :bsmilie:

The use of light is really nice too. It's like he sneaked into a warehouse to steal something in the middle of the night. :) please share more!! :)

Thank you =)
I will

Your photos always blow my mind off... this is also one of your classic work!! keep it up man!! :)

I don't like your picture. I LOVE it! :thumbsup: