Oh my, I have a KPS NT40 tripod head with me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix0r

Oct 2, 2002
West
kpsnt40_1.JPG

Very swee packaging. Made in Korea.

kpsnt40_2.JPG

The special plate.

kpsnt40_3.JPG

Mounted onto my G1541T.

Youtube vid of the quick release mechanism (not taken by me):
[YOUTUBE]K8uWRHQw3N0[/YOUTUBE]

Overall, it's very sturdy. It's a little bit bigger than my other Markins Q3T, and also very sturdy, friction is there and very high quality. The price w/ shipping is a bit above 400, and it's totally worth the money. Locking your camera is also a simple affair, just flicking the lever will lock it in position tight.

interesting locking mechanism... but frankly, for that kind of price i would rather go with Arca Swiss standard plates... easier to have it all on all bodies and lenses...

Thanks for the feedback. Thankfully I haven't invested much in plates, so switching for me was not a very hard matter.

The Quick Release clamp is an interesting design. Apart from that the ball head as well as the Quick Release Plates resemble more of Markins M20 for me:dunno:

interesting locking mechanism... but frankly, for that kind of price i would rather go with Arca Swiss standard plates... easier to have it all on all bodies and lenses...

Ya. Other than the clamp, the ballhead looks very much like an Arca-Swiss or Markins.

Are the plates widely available or only KPS makes such plates?

Ya. Other than the clamp, the ballhead looks very much like an Arca-Swiss or Markins.

Are the plates widely available or only KPS makes such plates?

Only KPS makes these plates to my knowledge.

Only KPS makes these plates to my knowledge.

The ballhead and the clamp mechanism look very nice. My concern would be the availability of plates, especially for long lenses, L-plates etc. And then when you get all the plates you can't switch to anothe brand of ballhead. As it is my various AS style plates costs me about 1k already.

The ballhead and the clamp mechanism look very nice. My concern would be the availability of plates, especially for long lenses, L-plates etc. And then when you get all the plates you can't switch to anothe brand of ballhead. As it is my various AS style plates costs me about 1k already.

I think this setup is only good for those without such commitments such as myself. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.