Oh... Let me help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemystery

Mar 31, 2008
Ohh...Why have you not blossomed? Let me help you spread your petals, you pretty little thing...

SweetNectar2.jpg

Hey guys, Took this photo at Botanic Gardens. A dragonfly on an unblossomed flower...Would like comments on composition...And imo, I feel e dragonfly doesnt look sharp enough. I don't own a macro lens. What do you guys think? Colourwise? Have I over-done e pp?:rolleyes:

Thanks fr viewing!

I think the forcus was on the body instead of the eye.

Well done for a non marco lens to get so close. Too bad focus is not on the dragonfly eyes. Now time to get a real macro lens! BBB!

I agreed. If the focus was on the eye, the pic would be a winner. However, it is not easy to get such a shot especially when you are doing close up.

Well done for a non marco lens to get so close. Too bad focus is not on the dragonfly eyes. Now time to get a real macro lens! BBB!

hey hey, thnks fr e comments guys...Yeah, I'm just a student, if i had $$$, I'd very probably contract e BBB virus...but till then, I'm immuned!:bsmilie: I do think e risk of getting BBB virus increases proportionately to the wallet size...haha. I was using a zoom frm like a metre or two away...Not very orthodox fr macro photography I know. Composition wise, what do you guys think? I'd like to compensate with skill then equipment.

Oh yeah...I remembered my lens failing to auto focus on the dragonfly. why? I had to do it manually...Is it because zoom lenses cant zoom onto small objects?

Status
Not open for further replies.