Often forget to open my lens cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
Just bought a digital camera yesterday.
But always have this habit of forgetting to open the len cap before switching on the camera.
When the initial startup, the len will zoom forward and let out a sound of CLIK CLIK.
Should not be a problem, isn't it?

Anyway me using a Olympus C3020Z. ;)

Originally posted by ransoma22
But always have this habit of forgetting to open the len cap before switching on the camera.
When the initial startup, the len will zoom forward and let out a sound of CLIK CLIK.

The next thing you might be forgetting might be putting the len cap back after shooting and result in buy tons of len caps:rolleyes: That was what happened to me but lucky I have a friend who always "help" me hide that len cap and return to me after seeing me panic:bsmilie:

Originally posted by Xpose

The next thing you might be forgetting might be putting the len cap back after shooting and result in buy tons of len caps:rolleyes: That was what happened to me but lucky I have a friend who always "help" me hide that len cap and return to me after seeing me panic:bsmilie:

Erhm..if that the case, i have the strap attached to the len cap :p :D

Hi fellow C3020Z user. This is wat i do to mine. I have the lens adapter the whole time. With a UV filter and then lens cap with string attached. Like this its much safer. But one thing bad. It blocks part of the flash at wide angle. But at 80-100% tele its ok. But I still chose to have the adapter and UV on cos i hardly shoot with flash. :D

Originally posted by Punkie

Hi fellow C3020Z user. This is wat i do to mine. I have the lens adapter the whole time. With a UV filter and then lens cap with string attached. Like this its much safer. But one thing bad. It blocks part of the flash at wide angle. But at 80-100% tele its ok. But I still chose to have the adapter and UV on cos i hardly shoot with flash. :D

Saw ur thread on ur pix that trigger me to buy ;)
Anyway me have a Olympus CLA-1 and a UV filter but wondering if i mount it after i on the camera or before?
I tried mounting b4 but if gave me the same situation.
I tested that my len will definately hit my UV filter

What should I do..and what i need? Wondering if i had bought the wrong lens adapter....
*pardon my ignorance*
cla-1.JPG

Pro-tama.JPG

Oops. My adapter is those chiong kind. Not from Olympus. I read somewhere before that you'll probably need a step up ring to not let the lens hit your filter. Mine fortunately doesnt. Let me get a pic and i post for you later.

Oops. My adapter is those chiong kind. Not from Olympus. I read somewhere before that you'll probably need a step up ring to not let the lens hit your filter. Mine fortunately doesnt. Let me get a pic and i post for you later.
Whether cheong one or not..Can use can liao. Mine CLIK CLIK beep beep when kena hit onto the filter. Guess i need to buy a step up ring though.

Oops that means you probably have to change your UV. Our thread size is 41mm rite? So your Adpater is 41-43mm sized. So unless you can find a 43-43mm step up ring, or get the filter changed to a different size. Mine is a 41-46 type. So dont need step up/down rings.

Whether cheong one or not..Can use can liao. Mine CLIK CLIK beep beep when kena hit onto the filter. Guess i need to buy a step up ring though.

Hehe come to think about it. Lucky they didnt gimme the original one when i asked for the adapter. Cheaper somemore. Aiyah dont worry. Step up ring very cheap one. Hey wanna do me a favor and measure the length of the whole thing for me? Thanks. I will measure mine too and let you know.

Check back in 15 minutes. I will post some pics for you.

Oops that means you probably have to change your UV. Our thread size is 41mm rite? So your Adpater is 41-43mm sized. So unless you can find a 43-43mm step up ring, or get the filter changed to a different size. Mine is a 41-46 type. So dont need step up/down rings.

Oh god. Me reallie a newbie that why I here at Newbie Corner.
:confused:

Anyway just hoping to get that filter on. I belif it should be mounted on most of the time rather than mounted when using.

Mine is a 41-43mm sized Adpater with a 43mm filter. *My filter abit cannot fit somemore* ;(

Measure the whole thing? Erhmm..which one? The diameter or the length of filter, adpater or ??

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
the filter/adaptor there will state the size of the theard

Re-post:
Olympus CLA-1 : 41mm -43mm
UV filter: 43mm

Re-post:
Olympus CLA-1 : 41mm -43mm
UV filter: 43mm
actually it shouldnt be a prob coz the CLA-1 is for ur cam wat...
did u bring ur cam down to test it when u bought the adaptor?

i got a fren using the C-3020z with oem adaptor and i played with it quite often. no prob with lens extending

maybe u should go down to the shop and do an exchange

K here they are. MY adapter measures about 28mm deep. Not measuring the thread and the Loympus 41-46mm part. Just the middle.

P7070002.jpg

Just in case you wondering wat hair that is....its my doggies ;)

P7070004.jpg

P7080008.jpg

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
actually it shouldnt be a prob coz the CLA-1 is for ur cam wat...
did u bring ur cam down to test it when u bought the adaptor?

i got a fren using the C-3020z with oem adaptor and i played with it quite often. no prob with lens extending

maybe u should go down to the shop and do an exchange

Bought it together with my camera. Did not check on the adapter and filter :confused: . My fault though.

Guess if that the case have to go down tomolow after work. Haiz...:bheart:

Bought it together with my camera. Did not check on the adapter and filter :confused: . My fault though.

Guess if that the case have to go down tomolow after work. Haiz...:bheart:

Where ah? You bought from AP? Wah i also need to get the Polarizing filter changed. It came scratched. Big nasty one.

Adapter Depth : Total depth + thread = 25mm. Gosh. 3mm off your without thread.

My adapter paper guide inside the box indicate the Conversion Lens Adapter is for C-2000Zoom. Does it make a different???

Hehe of cos it does. That probably explains. Go down tomorrow and get yours changed. Btw...mine is only $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.