Offshoe cords... who owns and uses one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
As the title says... how many of you own an offshoe cord, and how often do you use them? More important, HOW do you use them? Handheld? Monopod mounted? Clamped mounted? Or to a Stroboframe?

Also, a rough estimate of pricing for relevant brand's own brand OS cords?

possibly getting one to try out in the near future? seen quite a fair lot of "moody" portraits with them, may want to try... ;)

I actually use it quite often and have it handheld and on the side about half an arm away and with a bounce card. It give a more perspective look rather than flat straight light on human face... An on certain occasions and angles, having the flash off shoe helps especially when you need to take vertical and having the flash still flashing from the top...

sehsuan said:
As the title says... how many of you own an offshoe cord, and how often do you use them? More important, HOW do you use them? Handheld? Monopod mounted? Clamped mounted? Or to a Stroboframe?

Also, a rough estimate of pricing for relevant brand's own brand OS cords?

Ever thought of wireless..?

rgds,
sulhan

I believe the current generation of minolta slrs, have "wireless" built it out of the box. Flash triggered. I've used it a few times, but don't have enough experience to comment - those times used were for fun shots to finish the roll :D

That said, having the flash from the side shows up the texture of the face in a different light. Never used it for anything else.

Alvin

Sehsuan! I have both cord and wireless! Use em quite often....
;)

Good for people and macro shots. Both of them.
Cord also used on my Strobo quickflip as you have seen before. :D

Does Nikon have a wireless system for the D100 ? Which allows me to use my flash off camera wirelessly with the full functions of a on camera flash (retains TTL, triggers without using a master flash). If there is, advise on cost thanks.

I got Nikon's SC28 (revised version of SC19) for $71.

sulhan said:
Ever thought of wireless..?

rgds,
sulhan

:thumbsup: wireless is great for setups like product shoots, ppl too! Its the next step, what i dun like about the wire is its too short, unless you have extra 550ex, i feel ST-E2 is a great tool, if you use it often enough. :angel:

sehsuan said:
possibly getting one to try out in the near future? seen quite a fair lot of "moody" portraits with them, may want to try... ;)
u have my no. gimme a call if u need 1 to try out. ;)

Just incase anybody here doesn't know - sykestang is organising a M.O. for the SB800 - time to test out CLS! :cheergal:

Status
Not open for further replies.