Offset of optical finder and LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
WHen I use the Optical finder to take photo, I realise that the Image capture is different when I view it using the LCD.

Why is that so?

Anyone have this problem? Using Canon A20.

Thanks.

hi, i am intd in this digicam aso...
is it good ? can post some pics here for me to see ? thanks a lot.....
can tell me wat u like n dislikes abt this cam ? :bwhat: :bwhat: :embrass:

Originally posted by La|n
hi, i am intd in this digicam aso...
is it good ? can post some pics here for me to see ? thanks a lot.....
can tell me wat u like n dislikes abt this cam ? :bwhat: :bwhat: :embrass:

Wait.. Will post some pic I take.. but not very good :p

This is my 1st DC..

Well, IMHO,

Pros
1. Its got a good feel, not too light.
2. Use AA battery, I dun like batter that can be used in ceratin manufacturer.
3. Fast USB transfer.
4. Not very expensive.
5. Can use filter if you wanted.
6. A 64 Mb CF can hold quite a lot of photos as I only develop in 4R.

Cons
1. Nite shot not good..
2. The USB connector is enclosed using a rubber piece.. Dun think it will hold on long.3.Can really play much with manual setting.
4. 8mb CF that come with it is nosense.. Will run of disk place soon. (maybe use it to transfer pic for develop)
5. Think the optical finder is offset (or is it just me?)
6. In darker environment, may have to hold the button longer to take a pic.

P.s. My judgement may be inaccurate as I dun own any SLR or manual camera before... I take mainly "tourist" pics

As promise

101-0104_IMG.jpg

492266f5c4206e3c2bd672659af1d8a6-101-0133_IMG_090.jpg

101-0189_IMG.jpg

woah...ok..thanks a lot ;)
btw, how much did u pay for it ? and where ?? :rbounce:

Originally posted by La|n
woah...ok..thanks a lot ;)
btw, how much did u pay for it ? and where ?? :rbounce:

I bought it 2nd hand lah..

Ask around, think AP selling at abt 560-580

Originally posted by binbeto
WHen I use the Optical finder to take photo, I realise that the Image capture is different when I view it using the LCD.

Why is that so?

Anyone have this problem? Using Canon A20.

Thanks.

Almost all the digital cameras with a optical finder will have this problem. This is because the optical finder does not show you what's through the lens. It is a completely separate optical system itself. Since the lens and optical finder are on different planes, there is parallax error. This error is small for distant objects but can be quite significant for closer objects.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Almost all the digital cameras with a optical finder will have this problem. This is because the optical finder does not show you what's through the lens. It is a completely separate optical system itself. Since the lens and optical finder are on different planes, there is parallax error. This error is small for distant objects but can be quite significant for closer objects.

Regards
CK

Oh i see.. No wonder all my near near pic turn out out-of-sync...

Thanks.

Regards
CK
CK, does it mean that even the DC is TTL and EVF, it only show up on the LCD but not on the optical viewfinder?

:angel:

Originally posted by Kevin

CK, does it mean that even the DC is TTL and EVF, it only show up on the LCD but not on the optical viewfinder?

:angel:

Huh? :eek:

If the DC has an EVF, then you won't get parallax error as it will be viewing through the lens. The way to test is, if you block the lens and can still see through the view finder, then the viewfinder is not viewing through the lens.

Regards
CK

Huh? :eek:

If the DC has an EVF, then you won't get parallax error as it will be viewing through the lens. The way to test is, if you block the lens and can still see through the view finder, then the viewfinder is not viewing through the lens.

Regards
CK

Thanks, will try it out. :angel:

Regards
CK

Furthermore, the optical view finder will most likely not have 100% coverage of what the CCD captures. Most of the time optical view finders gives about 92 to 95% coverage. So you will end up caturing more than what you see in the optical view finder.

Status
Not open for further replies.