[Official] X-Pro 2 Thread : The Pro Returns

I'm not too sure if we will violate any forum rules.. I can help order from Canada. .send me a pm.. we can meet up if interested.. Then we can meet up in Singapore to discuss further how we want to proceed.. as actual sale may happen after when I'm back in sg.. just helping out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not that i am keen but I am curious to know if the 13% sales tax will be added on top of the Amazon Canada price we are seeing.

Not that i am keen but I am curious to know if the 13% sales tax will be added on top of the Amazon Canada price we are seeing.

Could u guys bring your discussion to another thread. Stick to the equipment in question and not where else to buy and to go about it.

Could u guys bring your discussion to another thread. Stick to the equipment in question and not where else to buy and to go about it.

Specs nothing to talk about ma since everybody know liao..
Left only camera testing which is not so soon for us unless u r Fuji staff and those early bird.
Then talk about sales n price lor...hehe

i received a few PMs asking about ACROS and the Grain effect implementation.

23357899941_098112674d_b.jpg

X-Pro II, XF35/2.
ACROS, Grain Effect: medium

The ACROs film simulation works like the other already well know film simulations like ProNeg and Velvia etc. What I like about ACROs is that it will be a very handy addition to those who shoot in monochrome a lot and it works great for portraits.

One very efficient way I found out to test and customise is to shoot in RAW, then go into the in-camera editing menu and then test out the effects of Weak , Medium , Strong Grain on the image.

i received a few PMs asking about ACROS and the Grain effect implementation.

23357899941_098112674d_b.jpg

X-Pro II, XF35/2.
ACROS, Grain Effect: medium

The ACROs film simulation works like the other already well know film simulations like ProNeg and Velvia etc. What I like about ACROs is that it will be a very handy addition to those who shoot in monochrome a lot and it works great for portraits.

One very efficient way I found out to test and customise is to shoot in RAW, then go into the in-camera editing menu and then test out the effects of Weak , Medium , Strong Grain on the image.

Is the film simulation only produced in-camera?
Are there any native Fuji software where we can apply these film effect from the raw file in post?

Is the film simulation only produced in-camera? Are there any native Fuji software where we can apply these film effect from the raw file in post?

U can shoot raw and apply the film simulations in LR. But ACROs will prob only apply to files from X-Pro2. (I'm guessing here too)

Is the film simulation only produced in-camera? Are there any native Fuji software where we can apply these film effect from the raw file in post?

It should comes with a third party software in the box, Silkypix, you can apply the film simulation.

have u all made your pre-orders ? ;)

just caught a FB post from one of the retailers from Funan 2nd floor
Pre Order comes with Sirui Sling bag from them..

How many have made the pre-orders? I have been waiting for the X-Pro2 for many years. Sold of the X-Pro1 prematurely and I was left high and dry. The price is a shocker but from the reviews, I think the quality is worth the price.

How many have made the pre-orders? I have been waiting for the X-Pro2 for many years. Sold of the X-Pro1 prematurely and I was left high and dry. The price is a shocker but from the reviews, I think the quality is worth the price.

I'm seriously considering this or the X-T1. Have you pre-ordered? If yes, from where?

just caught a FB post from one of the retailers from Funan 2nd floor Pre Order comes with Sirui Sling bag from them..

The different retailers are all offering their own good extras freebies , worth asking around ;)

Was at the xpro2 launch. Had 2nd thoughts about buying it before meeting it, due to the price. But after playing around with it, i might just get it. The Acros black n white film simulation looks really good. Not sure if its the 35 F2 attached to it, looks really good in the viewfinder. I have played with sony, canon , nikon high tech cameras but none of them gave me the feel like the x pro 2 . Hmmm.... Maybe its just the 35f2....lol

Was at the xpro2 launch. Had 2nd thoughts about buying it before meeting it, due to the price. But after playing around with it, i might just get it. The Acros black n white film simulation looks really good. Not sure if its the 35 F2 attached to it, looks really good in the viewfinder. I have played with sony, canon , nikon high tech cameras but none of them gave me the feel like the x pro 2 . Hmmm.... Maybe its just the 35f2....lol

Bro just go order it.. How many camera can give you such a feel? :) I have not touch it yet but seeing the "feel" of the picture makes me want to buy.

It's likely not the 35 F2 but the XTrans 3 sensor in X-Pro2 , I've the 35 F2 and use it on my X-T1 but it doesn't deliver what the X-Pro2 can.

Sony is really pure groundbreaking tech (especially Sony) , and in a sense different from a model that's designed to emulate traditional rangefinder handling with the best tech Fuji can offer.

Yep, wished that could have other lenses on the test body too for purpose to see how much improvement there is in af speed. If a 35f1.4 or 60 macro was tested, sure there is some improvement but I believe it is significantly less than the new 35f2.

It's always the case where you buy a new product. Although there is backward compatibilty you would need new addons to get the maximum potential of it. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, wished that could have other lenses on the test body too for purpose to see how much improvement there is in af speed. If a 35f1.4 or 60 macro was tested, sure there is some improvement but I believe it is significantly less than the new 35f2. It's always the case where you buy a new product. Although there is backward compatibilty you would need new addons to get the maximum potential of it. ;)

I believe if one asks for it they will help ;)

Just tested xp2 at showroom, the IQ is brilliant with the "old" XF35/1.4. probably they should have had the 35F2 on instead.