Official Plane Spotting Thread III

A number of F-16s from 140,143 and 145 Sqn received these markings for Ex Hotshot 2012. These should have been taken quite some time back since they've been removed. Some of the vipers had their canopies painted as well.
Thanks for the much appreciated feedback. That was enlightening, wouldn't have known otherwise. :D

The photo was actually taken just last Wednesday, on the 6th of February 2013. ;)

Yep Erkuan, was lucky the rain cleared just now

B-6055 still good to see its colors even we are 2013 snake yr already

A6-EDQ also spotting "EXPO 2020 DUBAI UAE CANDIDATE CITY"

next two is taken on the last few hours of the dragon year with gloomy light.
made use of the very low tide/extended coastline to clear away the tall trees

9V-SGA

B-6055 - another shot of it

Last edited:
Yep Erkuan, was lucky the rain cleared just now

B-6055 still good to see its colors even we are 2013 snake yr already

A6-EDQ also spotting "EXPO 2020 DUBAI UAE CANDIDATE CITY"

next two is taken on the last few hours of the dragon year with gloomy light.
made use of the very low tide/extended coastline to clear away the tall trees

9V-SGA

B-6055 - another shot of it

Thank you so much for sharing your catch of the B-6055, wish to catch it too. I can see quite a number of Emirates A380 are now painted with the Expo 2020 Dubai.
You must be busy running from 02 to 20 to catch both landing and departing aircraft. Thanks again.

I see, thanks!probably every emirates 380 will carry that soon.
Actually both captured on different day, mostly stay one location to snap.
The departing one, figured timing just right to take both SQ and china eastern and didn't have to camp too long so gut feel went have a look.
lucky for low tide but not so lucky with the clouds.
Hope you can meet her soon as she flies here quite often now.

Here's some shots of Delta Airlines 747 on a stormy approach.

8473578166_6a1908c420_c.jpg

8472493101_808fc6c169_c.jpg

8472490305_b76465a23b_c.jpg

8472491713_4141c15ca1_c.jpg

And a Charlie

8473557464_6b757137bf_c.jpg

Good catch Gilcrest, DL9979 reg:N670US came in late from Narita. Is the C-130 RSAF?
Did you manage to see DL9934 too ?

No, didn't get to catch 9934 which seems to be very late base on the ETA of both flights. I waited for another hour before I left.

The Charlie is one of ours. how's your catch from that spot ?

gilcrest said:
No, didn't get to catch 9934 which seems to be very late base on the ETA of both flights. I waited for another hour before I left.

The Charlie is one of ours. how's your catch from that spot ?

I gave up! No catch from me today.

144 "Dare To Excel"

144 "Dare To Excel"
Hmm, interesting 144 "Blackite" Squadron (SQN) tattoo tail art for 830. Does not resemble their typical squadron logo or motif design, quite refreshing in a way to say the least.

Was at west side for today, F-16s with Exercise Hotshot markings buzzing around in circuits for almost the entire morning and afternoon conducting flypasts and touch-and-go landings. Sounds like the RSAF sent an entire squadron or two up. Presumed it was the same for east side too?

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting 144 "Blackite" Squadron (SQN) tattoo tail art for 830. Does not resemble their typical squadron logo or motif design, quite refreshing in a way to say the least.

Was at west side for today, F-16s with Exercise Hotshot markings buzzing around in circuits for almost the entire morning and afternoon conducting flypasts and touch-and-go landings. Sounds like the RSAF sent an entire squadron or two up. Presumed it was the same for east side too?

it was taking off at WSAP, all together 6 of them, but only 830 with this logo, yes it is quite refreshing.

anyone know why china eastern are flying their long haul aircraft here?
My guess is that high volume, short-haul or medium-haul sectors can be scheduled and slotted in during periods of layover between long haul sectors thus maximising revenue.

Great way for fresh out of the flight simulator, inexperienced trainees to clock some cycles and flight time for their type rating too.

Last edited:
Boeing 777-333(ER) C-FIUV , Air Canada

Delta Air Lines Boeing 767-332(ER)(WL) N193DN

Last edited:
N721CX Air Transport International - ATI McDonnell Douglas DC-8-72CF
slow climbing out of WSAP date:25Feb2013

Last edited: