Official Canon EOS 60D User Thread Part I

Hi, I plan on getting a 60D as an upgrade for my 1000D. But I do want to check if there is any battery grip for the 60D??

I got mine with the 60D last week @ AP Sim Lim for $190, very comfortable to hold, especially with "Big" Lens...:)

Was it is good light or poor lighting condition?

I was using it for a futsal event from 5pm till 7 pm... I think I was using my 24-105L till around 7 pm then I switch to my 50mm... no problem when in good light... around 7 pm it become less sharp le... +I bump my ISO to 1600...

I use the center AF point and AI servo... dunno if that is the correct way of focusing... :-D

I was using it for a futsal event from 5pm till 7 pm... I think I was using my 24-105L till around 7 pm then I switch to my 50mm... no problem when in good light... around 7 pm it become less sharp le... +I bump my ISO to 1600...

I use the center AF point and AI servo... dunno if that is the correct way of focusing... :-D

Bro... was it indoor or outdoor futsal???

Me still clueless about the al servo after having my 400D for 3-4 yrs... haha.... :bsmilie:
Most of my subject do not run around one.... so I never try exploring the Al servo, but I think I should......

I am wondering how good is 60D vs 400D AF, and had feedback already..... and just wonder if 7D is a better option, but I do not need so much power in a cam as a hobbyist.... :think:

I got mine with the 60D last week @ AP Sim Lim for $190, very comfortable to hold, especially with "Big" Lens...:)

Thanks for the info.
Now I'm a proud owner of a Canon 60D ;)
Just bought my 60D from Click! @ Tampines ONE at S$1429. They also inform me that the battery grip cost s$190 but stock will only arrive next week. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info.
Just bought my 60D from Click! @ Tampines ONE at S$1429. They also inform me that the battery grip cost s$190 but stock will only arrive next week. Looking forward to it.

WOW! even Click! sells at street price? How's the weight distribution for the 60D and 17-55?

WOW! even Click! sells at street price? How's the weight distribution for the 60D and 17-55?

Its great. Though the whole weight is heavier than my previous camera, the weight distribution is definitly better.

Thanks for the info.

WOW
I am most surprised by this ..
Is Click part of a bigger department store or stand along shop ?
I have not heard nor seen this shop

i asked for the price of 60d at cathay (ms) and the staff quoted me 1.5k. i walked out immediately

i asked for the price of 60d at cathay (ms) and the staff quoted me 1.5k. i walked out immediately

Can ask for "cash" price, should be cheaper. $1.5k is normal price which can be paid by credit card without the extra charge

WOW

I saw this shop while shopping at tampines, I hardly go there. My wife commented that the shop sells "everything" :bsmilie:

What brand is the battery grip? Phottix?

WOW

I think its a stand along shop. I was suprise at the price. And after enquire on the price on some of their stuff, I find that the price of their items are as competitive as the other shops out there.

CP and PA can be a little ex. MS, SLRR and AP are the more cheaper one. Not to forget the place where I just bought it from.

Bro... was it indoor or outdoor futsal???

Me still clueless about the al servo after having my 400D for 3-4 yrs... haha.... :bsmilie:
Most of my subject do not run around one.... so I never try exploring the Al servo, but I think I should......

I am wondering how good is 60D vs 400D AF, and had feedback already..... and just wonder if 7D is a better option, but I do not need so much power in a cam as a hobbyist.... :think:

It is outdoor... Hehe! I was testing out my 60D max capability so I was doing extreme shots... like fast moving futsal games and super high ISO in pitch dark area. The AI servo is not bad when combined with L lens... I try using Sigma wan but the focusing speed slow down by a lot and hence with some luck got a few clear shots. For ISO 6400, it is suitable only for 4R printing... It is not really usable for HD wallpaper (1920 x 1080).

Of course 7D is a better option but it cost $800 more... The question is do u really need the AF speed and the faster FPS... it got 19 AF points and u can group center portion with about 9 AF points (I think). It definitely helps ya to focus better compared to a single point AF...

In short, if u planning to use it for sports event then go for 7D... if not as described earlier that ur subjects don't really move... 60D is good enough... BTW, just FYI I also didn't try AI servo when using my 1000D cause I dun really trust its capability... haha!

BTW... wanna ask u guys 1 question....

Regarding the battery, Phottix wan must use their own charger in order to charge the battery. There got another version with micro chip thingy which give info like battery lifespan etc. Can anyone here confirm whether this battery can be charged by canon charger? If not is there any 3rd party battery available which can be charge by canon charger?

And erm... what is the price for the original battery?

Some shots using AI Servo...

SaeslFutsalDay3-20.jpg

SaeslFutsalDay3-23.jpg

SaeslFutsalDay3-05.jpg

BTW... wanna ask u guys 1 question....

Regarding the battery, Phottix wan must use their own charger in order to charge the battery. There got another version with micro chip thingy which give info like battery lifespan etc. Can anyone here confirm whether this battery can be charged by canon charger? If not is there any 3rd party battery available which can be charge by canon charger?

And erm... what is the price for the original battery?

I just got this fully compatible battery ordered from eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150497552629
Tried it with my 60D and works just like an original- can be charged with the Canon charger and displays full battery info in camera menu.

Yet to test if actual capacity lasts as long as the original, but very happy with the price paid, because original battery price listed at Canon S'pore website is $139! :eek:
http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/products/dslrs/eos-accessories#type=battery-pack