OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 1DX - User Thread

Anyone used these SD to CF type II high speed adaptors before on the 1DX? Want to know if these adaptors support the fast write/read speeds of Class 10 SDHC cards.

I have a couple of 64GB and 32GB class 10 cards lying around that i think should make a good back up media for the 1DX on longer trips.

specifications suggest the following and supposedly UDMA support

Support SDHC/SD/SDXC/MMC all kinds of capacities(up to 64GB)
SD3.0 ready/accepts exFat file system on windows
High-speed CF interface with extreme performance
Supports CF true IDE mode/memory mode/IO mode
Push-push SD socket
Support Windows/Mac OS/Linux

2947_01.jpg

</title><meta name="description" content="High Speed SD/SDHC/SDXC to CompactFlash CF Type II Card Adapter Support UDMA in Cameras Photo , Camera Photo Accessories , Memory Cards |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="High Speed SD/SDHC/SDXC to Compact

Last edited:
Hi,
my husband is on fire on his new hobby, this will not be his first camera, he used to have one long time ago. I think not digital. But recently got poisoned by our wedding photographer. lol.
thinking to get one for his birthday next month.
Do you think is good to buy used from BnS or better straight to get new one?
Any recommendation?

Hi,
my husband is on fire on his new hobby, this will not be his first camera, he used to have one long time ago. I think not digital. But recently got poisoned by our wedding photographer. lol.
Any recommendation?
better ask him. diff people has very specific camera they want.

Anyone used these SD to CF type II high speed adaptors before on the 1DX? Want to know if these adaptors support the fast write/read speeds of Class 10 SDHC cards.

I have a couple of 64GB and 32GB class 10 cards lying around that i think should make a good back up media for the 1DX on longer trips.

specifications suggest the following and supposedly UDMA support

Support SDHC/SD/SDXC/MMC all kinds of capacities(up to 64GB)
SD3.0 ready/accepts exFat file system on windows
High-speed CF interface with extreme performance
Supports CF true IDE mode/memory mode/IO mode
Push-push SD socket
Support Windows/Mac OS/Linux

</title><meta name="description" content="High Speed SD/SDHC/SDXC to CompactFlash CF Type II Card Adapter Support UDMA in Cameras Photo , Camera Photo Accessories , Memory Cards |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="High Speed SD/SDHC/SDXC to Compact

Mine is too thick to put in the cf card slot..

Wow... 1DX for birthday....hehe surely all the guys on CS will wish their wives are like you.

Better to check if he is into such big size cameras, otherwise a 5D mark 3 or 6D will probably serve better if full frame is what he wants and since it is his first time back to photography on digital.

5D3 or 6D can be had for less than half price and even 1/3 of the 1DX.

Hi,
Any recommendation?

hmmm i thought the 1D series CF slots are capable of accepting type 2 CF cards, at least mine seems to have extra space still after putting in a Type 1 CF. Read some users online put a SD-CF adaptor to use eye-fi / wifi SD cards with cameras like 7D as well.

Mine is too thick to put in the cf card slot..

better ask him. diff people has very specific camera they want.

Wow... 1DX for birthday....hehe surely all the guys on CS will wish their wives are like you.

Better to check if he is into such big size cameras, otherwise a 5D mark 3 or 6D will probably serve better if full frame is what he wants and since it is his first time back to photography on digital.

5D3 or 6D can be had for less than half price and even 1/3 of the 1DX.

He keep on saying 1DX. coz he tried from our photographer when we pick up our wedding photos, seems he really like it. :)
Which shop is trustable meaning not hard selling/pushing customer?
I have read some from this forum but bit confuse with many diff. respond, that's why i came here asking for recommendation.

if you buy from shops now its about S$8100. second hand probably 7k onwards, so see if the 1k savings is worthwhile for you to get a second hand.

you have to remember to add in the costs of lenses and a dry cabinet, memory cards, spare batteries, all are quite expensive for a camera at this level.

you should also note that most of the shops don't keep this camera readily stocked due to the high cost and usually order them from canon only when a customer requests for it

If you want to pick it up brand new, click! will be a nice place.

if you buy from shops now its about S$8100. second hand probably 7k onwards, so see if the 1k savings is worthwhile for you to get a second hand.

you have to remember to add in the costs of lenses and a dry cabinet, memory cards, spare batteries, all are quite expensive for a camera at this level.

you should also note that most of the shops don't keep this camera readily stocked due to the high cost and usually order them from canon only when a customer requests for it

If you want to pick it up brand new, click! will be a nice place.

Oopss.. did asked a guy from buy and sell here $6500 for his 1DX few days ago. I hope no hard feelings :D

great !, I will try to visit some shops this weekend .. maybe I will just get new one for him.

Hi,
Any recommendation?

Take note there will be some sort of post-processing of any photos that will be output in either print or display, wedding photos inclusive. Buying the best gear does not guarantee the best pictures every time, a lot of post is done.... if you can ask your wedding photographer to show you the untouched raw files, you will know what I mean. Compare them to the final output and you will appreciate the difference.

After all, if one is just a casual photographer who doesn't do post editing, he would be better off with cheaper models that deliver stunning quality out of the camera.

Last edited:
Take note there will be some sort of post-processing of any photos that will be output in either print or display, wedding photos inclusive. Buying the best gear does not guarantee the best pictures every time, a lot of post is done.... if you can ask your wedding photographer to show you the untouched raw files, you will know what I mean. Compare them to the final output and you will appreciate the difference.

After all, if one is just a casual photographer who doesn't do post editing, he would be better off with cheaper models that deliver stunning quality out of the camera.

If you did read her reply, she did state that her husband had already gave the camera a try.

He keep on saying 1DX. coz he tried from our photographer when we pick up our wedding photos, seems he really like it. :)
I have read some from this forum but bit confuse with many diff. respond, that's why i came here asking for recommendation.

I personally buy my stuffs from cathay as they have the largest selection and I prefer paying by card. They are sometimes priced on the higher side though but has never pushed me for a sale and definitely treat me well.

If you did read her reply, she did state that her husband had already gave the camera a try.

I personally buy my stuffs from cathay as they have the largest selection and I prefer paying by card. They are sometimes priced on the higher side though but has never pushed me for a sale and definitely treat me well.

Well, it's their choice, their money, no one can dictate what they should do. Just giving some insights only. If anyone understands the digital capture and workflow involved behind, by all means, go ahead with the purchase.

I prefer paying my stuffs by cash though. :)

Last edited:

Agree Cathay is more respectable store got my 5DMKIII from them sorry abt the OT though. Such lucky guy with such a understanding wife.

Hi,
Any recommendation?

Funan Mall and the immediate area is your best place to buy the Canon 1Dx. Recommended shops include:

1. TK Photo (Funan)
2. John 3:16 (Funan)
3. Cathay Photo (Peninsula)

There are others but I've dealt with all three and can vouch for their reputations.

If you decide to buy 2nd hand, the Buy and Sell forum is usually pretty good, but it is highly recommended that you know something about cameras before buying. There is the odd time when a "bad" sale happens.

Another consideration to think about is the lens to put on the camera. The 1Dx is the top of the line Canon camera. Ideally, a top of the line lens would be nice too but again these are very expensive. One of the best (but not the only) lens for the 1Dx is the expensive 24-70 f/2.8 Type II. I'm not sure of the price but it is over $2000 and under $3000. An alternative is the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC. Almost equally good but much less expensive.

If you want to go middle of the road but still get a very good lens the 24-105 f/4 will not disappoint.

If you wish to go cheap but still have a respectable lens as far as IQ (Image Quality) is concerned, then I would recommend the 50 f/1.8 which is Canon's cheapest lens.

Good luck with your purchase(s). Keep us informed of your progress and have your husband join us after the surprise gift!

do you know how much is 1DX?

to maximize the flagship dslr potential, you must buy top of the line lenses like 24-70 II and 70-200 2.8 IS II, gitzo tripod to support the weight, a very strong ballhead, a good tripod plate, huge dry cabinet, protection fliters, blackrapid straps to support the weight, high speed and capacity CF cards to keep up with FPS, harddisk to store many photos, dust pump, a camera bag. etccc

Last edited: