OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 1DX - User Thread

Bought overseas and warranty is in that country, I think. For firmware updates is free regardless whether warranty is valid or not, I supposed.

Good for Canon and lucky for you! Well done!

well hehe... the weight feels not much different from my previous 1DIV.

something i noticed was that the AWB was much better in artificial lighting compared to my previous recent canons (6D, 1Div, 5D3, 5D2)

something i noticed was that the AWB was much better in artificial lighting compared to my previous recent canons (6D, 1Div, 5D3, 5D2)

Not sure about the difference with 5D3, personally I didn't notice the difference but I did feel the increase in weight over my 1D4 and the WB is indeed better. In artificial lighting, 1D4 tends to me more yellow/orange/warm. ;)

Congrats. Yes, I also feel that the AWB is much more accurate than the 5dMK2 and probably the 5dmk3. Even with the 600EXRT flash for fill-in, portrait shots look so much better with warmer color tones. Btw, what custom function did you usually set for C1, C2 and C3? I set C1 with AV mode with ISO2000 for Indoor events with Orientation linked AF points for horizontal and vertical shots. C2 is for TV mode with AI Servo. I've not decided what setting for C3, probably portrait, outdoor mode.

How is the camera's focusing when mated with the 85mm L? Is there any noticeable difference say when compared with the 5D Mk III in terms of locking, tracking and speed?

How is the camera's focusing when mated with the 85mm L? Is there any noticeable difference say when compared with the 5D Mk III in terms of locking, tracking and speed?

I can only compare it with my 6D. The AF of the 85 L is slightly faster on the 1dx

That is my thought also. My Samsung Galaxy S2 with Gorilla screen is not protected from day one and now has lots of scratches even though it was claimed to be highly scratch resistance. Will try to google Ebay for some of the screen protector suitable for 1DX.
This reply may be too late but just to share, so far I always use screen protectors from Martin Fields on all the LCD screens of (take around) devices that matter most to me - very easy to clean and clear. Offers that extra bit of protection against the unforeseen. Got it from the local distributor DOML. Do be careful to check though as some of the recent batches have some QC issues but the staff are great about replacing it.

This reply may be too late but just to share, so far I always use screen protectors from Martin Fields on all the LCD screens of (take around) devices that matter most to me - very easy to clean and clear. Offers that extra bit of protection against the unforeseen. Got it from the local distributor DOML. Do be careful to check though as some of the recent batches have some QC issues but the staff are great about replacing it.

Hi Edmund, thanks! I got my film type screen protector 2 months ago from Cathay Photo at $10 and they applied it for me nicely. At this price, it is a no brainer as it protects the LCD screen and does not seem to affect the brighness and resolution of the LCD.

all the 5D3 screen protectors will fit the 1DX perfectly. i used my old GGS glass screenprotector on the 1DX

Hi Edmund, thanks! I got my film type screen protector 2 months ago from Cathay Photo at $10 and they applied it for me nicely. At this price, it is a no brainer as it protects the LCD screen and does not seem to affect the brighness and resolution of the LCD.
:thumbsup:

all the 5D3 screen protectors will fit the 1DX perfectly. i used my old GGS glass screenprotector on the 1DX
Did it also come with protectors for the panel just below the main LCD as well as the top? I wonder if these fit as well if its included. I like that the one I got also has these 2 parts covered as well in the same package.

Did it also come with protectors for the panel just below the main LCD as well as the top? I wonder if these fit as well if its included. I like that the one I got also has these 2 parts covered as well in the same package.

Hi Edmund, it is only for the Main LCD monitor. Cathay does not have the protector for the Top LCD panel and the Rear LCD panel.

i just cut some old film type screenprotectors to fit the top LCD and the small bottom LCD panels.

the GGS ones from ebay australia comes with all 3 parts, but they dont ship to SG unfortunately

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GGS-Self...reen-Protector-Canon-1DX-Camera-/380604438084

10059360.jpg

Last edited:
Any one knows where I can get the LP-E4N cheaper than the RRP of S$279?

Went to cathay and they sell at RRP. most of the shops at Funan do not have the battery in stock.

Are there any reliable 3rd party 1DX batteries that work (can be read, battery info, etc) well? In my previous 1DIV, i had 3rd party batteries that worked pretty well.

Last edited:
Any one knows where I can get the LP-E4N cheaper than the RRP of S$279?

Went to cathay and they sell at RRP. most of the shops at Funan do not have the battery in stock.

Are there any reliable 3rd party 1DX batteries that work (can be read, battery info, etc) well? In my previous 1DIV, i had 3rd party batteries that worked pretty well.

DD Electronics is selling grey original LPE4N at $222.

http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Canon-LP%2dE4N-Battery-for-EOS%2d1D-X-Camera.html

Congrats on your new toy... tio poison but no moolah, so auto cure.... ;)

Best cure.... see wallet.... $0.... immunity level... MAX!!!!

Hahaha...... and keep the Credit Cards frozen in the freezer too!!!!