Official Canon 550D User Thread Part IV

OKay guys, I will be leaving for a trip to Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Hangzhou on the 6 Dec and will be back 14 Dec.

List down your name so I can see the interest check and decide with Jonathan Ang again.

1) Odyssey-Boy
2) Jonathan Ang

Just wana say hi to all fellow 550D users as have been shooting with the 550D for some time but nv once post in 550D thread. Anywaes take care all of ya and god bless all.

1) Odyssey-Boy

2) Jonathan Ang

3) Diluted

4) Cooleye72 (depending on the date)

Yup. Somehow still prefer SLRR with Ray. Maybe i talk to wrong guy. I talked to a big size guy in MSC

o i c .... mind sharing how much u paid-im trying to find out what's the best price i can get.

1199. I think price is around that range. Cant get anything better liao.
SLRR selling at 1187 though without LCD protector and filter.
But i would go for SLRR because the filter and LCD is cheap.
SLRR you can get a hoya 58mm filter for 24 bucks.

This may be my last user gathering. I'm now hoping to see if anyone wanna buy my 550D !

) Odyssey-Boy

2) Jonathan Ang

3) Diluted

5) Danemathieu ( also depending on the date )

) Odyssey-Boy

2) Jonathan Ang

3) Diluted

5) Danemathieu ( also depending on the date )

This is more than enough for an interest check..now to see a good date. Mine is anytime after 21 dec, excluding days like xmas eve etc etc. If we were to keep it to a saturday, the following dates would be:

uhhh..25 and 1st jan. which is not a good idea.

8 or 15 Jan?

This is more than enough for an interest check..now to see a good date. Mine is anytime after 21 dec, excluding days like xmas eve etc etc. If we were to keep it to a saturday, the following dates would be:

uhhh..25 and 1st jan. which is not a good idea.

8 or 15 Jan?

Cannot before 2011 ??

School starting leh..

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie starting out with my interest in photography.
I was looking to get a 550D after doing some homework of my own.
Do you guys think it's a good idea for someone who is just starting out to get this?
Is it too much a waste of 1k+ bucks for a newbie to get this?
Thanks in advance!

Do you guys think it's a good idea for someone who is just starting out to get this?
Thanks in advance!

we all have to start somewhere. the 550d is a pretty good place to start. right mix of features and the ability to use all the canon lenses :bsmilie:

no point getting an advanced p&s then wanting to upgrade later.

Hello everyone! A new and proud owner of 550D! :D Just got this camera as a gift from my dad! :) Using 18-55mm lens and 50mm F1.8 Prime lens!

Thanks in advance!

i don't think it's a waste, but if 1k+ is out of your budget, u can consider 500D. remember, there will be other things you need to buy: dry box/cabinet, filter (and after that tripod / flash).

Hello everyone! A new and proud owner of 550D! :D Just got this camera as a gift from my dad! :) Using 18-55mm lens and 50mm F1.8 Prime lens!

welcome! this is a great camera (even with kit lens)

This may be my last user gathering. I'm now hoping to see if anyone wanna buy my 550D !

u upgrading body (rather than lens)? 60D? 7D?

i don't think it's a waste, but if 1k+ is out of your budget, u can consider 500D. remember, there will be other things you need to buy: dry box/cabinet, filter (and after that tripod / flash).

welcome! this is a great camera (even with kit lens)

u upgrading body (rather than lens)? 60D? 7D?

Yup, 60D

with 28mm f/1.8 USM, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM (Which I have now)

Hey guys, need some recommendation from you all as I will be getting my 550d (which i waited for super long) next year. Well, my budget will be around 1.8k-2k (trying not to use all my hard earned money completely on it). I went to check out the price of 550d at cp and was offered $1070 for it. And for the lens part I need some suggestion from you all. I am interested in shooting buildings, street photography etc, not really interested in shooting friends families etc. So for my budget which lens should I go for? Canon 17-85mm? or Tamron 17-50 mm will be enough to satisfy my needs? Or go for the canon kit 2 lens which is 18-135mm.

Hey guys, need some recommendation from you all as I will be getting my 550d (which i waited for super long) next year. Well, my budget will be around 1.8k-2k (trying not to use all my hard earned money completely on it). I went to check out the price of 550d at cp and was offered $1070 for it. And for the lens part I need some suggestion from you all. I am interested in shooting buildings, street photography etc, not really interested in shooting friends families etc. So for my budget which lens should I go for? Canon 17-85mm? or Tamron 17-50 mm will be enough to satisfy my needs? Or go for the canon kit 2 lens which is 18-135mm.

Get a

Canon EOS 550D $1070

- Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 NON VC -- $600
- 67mm B+W UV F-Pro Filter -- $50

- Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS -- $380
- B+W UV F-Pro Filter -- $50
- OEM Lens Hood -- $15

- 36L Dry Cabinet -- $120

Total -- $2270 !! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get a

Canon EOS 550D $1070

- Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 NON VC -- $600
- 67mm B+W UV F-Pro Filter -- $50

- Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS -- $380
- B+W UV F-Pro Filter -- $50
- OEM Lens Hood -- $15

- 36L Dry Cabinet -- $120

Total -- $2270 !! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: also, if you don't want to spend so much at one go, you can postpone the 55-250 for later. the 17-50 focal range is what you'll be using most of the time.