Off-leash Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leofric

Jul 12, 2009
Thomson
IMG_0166.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

I would like to sought comments on the composition and post processing.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I would like to show the liveliness of dogs without their leash on the greenfield.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I was bringing my dogs to Upper Pierce Reservoir where I will off-leash them on the empty plot of grass field where they will run like they never run before.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I feel that the composition is simple and hope that dog owners will realized that they should bring their dog out often and not to neglect them by seeing how lively and the eagerness the dogs are to soar in the fields.

any comments?? :)

Well u see how the 2 dogs are equally fighting for your eyes attention?
Thats one pt to note when composing a shot. Usually nice to have a single focal point, be it through color, shape, size,etc.:)

crop the other dog out...

crop the blur dog out of the photo. or you can use panning for the photo. will show a different kind of pose in the photo. like formula 1. i have pp the photo for you. do look for me in the office and i will pass to you. lol

I look at the center dog first before putting my eyes on the left dog. :)

I do feel that the OOF dog is a little distracting and that maybe a portrait orientation shot with just one dog would have been better.

Lighting wise I notice that the light seems to come slightly behind them. Try taking them as they run into the sun to get some catch lights in the eyes. I can see you managed to preserve the fur detail well but the exposure can be pushed a little more as it seems a little under. I understand its extrermly difficult to expose all white dogs properly heh.. Cloudy days are quite good but the best is if you can shoot during the magic hours :)

you can have 2 elements in a photo. it is not common, but it can be done.

the problem here is balance, right dog has more space from right edge, as compared to left dog. cropping this to maybe 4:3 might help in this aspect.

you might want to take note that your whites on the dogs are blown. dial down the exposure perhaps half a stop in future.

i would also clone out that distracting thing above the left dog, it is not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.