Off focus or hand shake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eow said:
use spot metering..just saw yr exif u used multi-seg metering
But how would spot metering help in the focus? Isn't it just for the exposure? btw, which programme you used to view the EXIP data? The one i used can't show which metering mode i used.

tkp77 said:
A generic fomula to calculate Shutter speed is 1 / focal lenght.

But I seldom remember this fomula. Cos of the OIS.

yup.... heard a lot from people on this also..... shutter speed = 1 / focal lenght....

out of focus. no sign of shake.

I din go thru what others have wrote ...... maybe they already ans you ..... :embrass:
The photo is not blur or out of focus, I think is you zoom too much le, then the optical quality of your lens drop le ... you zoom to 300mm or more right ? :)

i am using this to view exif data..metering, zoom length...etc all included.
http://www.opanda.com/en/pe/download.htm

but i am quite sure the photos at 1/30 with max zoom, shake and slow speed contributes to the blur photo...

how good the ois is i don't think it can perform so well at max zoom and slow speed.

xxxger said:
I din go thru what others have wrote ...... maybe they already ans you ..... :embrass:
The photo is not blur or out of focus, I think is you zoom too much le, then the optical quality of your lens drop le ... you zoom to 300mm or more right ? :)
Would zooming max at 12X affect the image quality? It's not even digital zoom yet...

I have done many full zoom images, and for me when i have blurred images is due to me either having the focus off, or i pressed the shutter button too hard that it cause the camera to shake abit while taking the picture..

Take more pictures and soon you will control the camera..not the other way round..:sweatsm:

xxxger said:
Eh... the camera's using a 35-420mm equivilant Leica lens.
;) not Olympus ultra zoom lens.

unseen said:
Eh... the camera's using a 35-420mm equivilant Leica lens.
;) not Olympus ultra zoom lens.

Wow lau ..... can zoom from 35mm untill 420mm on a compact digital camera ...... of course not sharp lor .... ;)

hee you'll be surprised.. :)
LOL of course, cannot compare to the gear that you're using.. but can get relatively sharper images than this lar

unseen said:
hee you'll be surprised.. :)
LOL of course, cannot compare to the gear that you're using.. but can get relatively sharper images than this lar
So i would expect a lousier photo if i zoomed all the way?

dts_spawn said:
So i would expect a lousier photo if i zoomed all the way?

you can say so .... :bheart: , thats why some people still prefer using prime lens for SLR ...
Or some poeple still like to use a fixed lens model compact camera, like 35mm F2.8 :kiss:

Or shall i say, dun zoom too many times .... 17-35mm is ok, but 28 - 300mm zoom is abit tai guo feng le lor ..... right ?

But of course, now the technology is far far better than lasttime lor ...

xxxger said:
you can say so .... :bheart: , thats why some people still prefer using prime lens for SLR ...
Or some poeple still like to use a fixed lens model compact camera, like 35mm F2.8 :kiss:

Or shall i say, dun zoom too many times .... 17-35mm is ok, but 28 - 300mm zoom is abit tai guo feng le lor ..... right ?

But of course, now the technology is far far better than lasttime lor ...

at full zoom 12X still not so bad, but when i add TC then the quality drop more.
bro, zoom lens and prime lens, wats the diff ah??
noob here

rhair78 said:
Zoom means can zoom. Prime means no zoom.

Zoom = 18-70mm, 36-420mm,

Prime = 24mm, 50mm, 85mm.

Liao kai?

thank u, icic

Status
Not open for further replies.