Off-camera flash Nikon SB600 wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourn88

May 9, 2003
Bukit Panjang
HI
I have the Nikon D80, with the speedlight SB600.
How to fire the SB600 off camera wirelessly, without popping open the built-in flash?

I managed to fire it wirelessly, if the built-in flash is pop opened.

I want to do something like this set-up, but with the built-in flash closed:
http://n00.be/archives/654/
the guy says he has to use his hands to cover the built-in flash. ;-(

any advise?

using hands to cover it is not a proper way, the built in flash has to send the signal to the remote flash.

your options, arrange according to the cost, from ex to cheap:
get a SU-800 (wireless, ttl enable)
get a ttl cable (none wireless, ttl enable)
get a set of (china made) radio wireless trigger (wireless, no ttl)
get a hotshoe adapter and sync cable (none wireless, no ttl)

bro simple... get the Nikon SG-3IR, its a small panel, u fix it onto ur hotshoe... it converts ur flash into IR! THAT'S the correct way! not many ppl knw of this :bsmile: some more cheap, tink 25 buck only. try Lords, but hard to come by though... gd luck! :)

bro simple... get the Nikon SG-3IR, its a small panel, u fix it onto ur hotshoe... it converts ur flash into IR! THAT'S the correct way! not many ppl knw of this :bsmile: some more cheap, tink 25 buck only. try Lords, but hard to come by though... gd luck! :)

Some ppl have abit of fun DIYing a SG-3IR as well.
But it is not too expensive solution either

Ryan

Er D80 can act as commander mode wad. So u make it work as commander and ur SB600 as slave(If im not mistaken, SB600 Supports CLS, Only does not support being a commander).

thanks for sharing a great tools for CLS.

Does a piece of unexposed negative work too?

Status
Not open for further replies.