Off camera flash aid

I all
I am planning to do some off camera flash, is there other device apart from pocket wizard?

There are a lot... just need to search :)
maybe check out strobist interest groups for more info.

price range is quite drastic :)

I am planning to do some off camera flash, is there other device apart from pocket wizard?
Many. First off all: define your needs. Main differentiation is whether the device can 'speak' ETTL or not. ETTL-capable devices costs more, the other ones are quite cheap. Check the Mass Sales and the Virtual Shops here.

I all

What system are you using? If it's Sony, you've had it built in since the Minolta film days.

using 600D canon. it has built in IR system, but i need radio frequency.
TTL preferred too.

1) Phottix
2) Pixel
3) Pocket wizard
4) Yongnuo

To state a few. (btw... I am using the Pixel, pretty alright.)

1) Phottix
2) Pixel
3) Pocket wizard
4) Yongnuo

To state a few. (btw... I am using the Pixel, pretty alright.)

Those are just brands. Not all of the models offered by those brands do wireless E-TTL.

For Pixel, only King and Knight series triggers offer E-TTL.
For Phottix, only the new Odin series offer E-TTL.
For Pocketwizard, TTFlex series offer E-TTL.
For Yongnuo, don't remember seeing anything that is E-TTL.

Last edited:
Those are just brands. Not all of the models offered by those brands do wireless E-TTL.

For Pixel, only King and Knight series triggers offer E-TTL.
For Phottix, only the new Odin series offer E-TTL.
For Pocketwizard, TTFlex series offer E-TTL.
For Yongnuo, don't remember seeing anything that is E-TTL.

Review: Yongnuo RF-602 Flash Trigger | FlashRaw (support e-TTL)

cactus
skyports
cybersyncs
radio poppers

do u mean, when my flash do not have E-TTL function, once i connect to the wireless trigger, i will have E-TTL function?

if so, i think i can also get manual flash for this function liao... :)

do u mean, when my flash do not have E-TTL function, once i connect to the wireless trigger, i will have E-TTL function?
if so, i think i can also get manual flash for this function liao... :)
Sorry to burst your illusion ... answer is NO.
ETTL requires electronics in the flash and the programming to 'understand' and to communicate with the camera. The lingo is specific to the brand. Also, as result of this communication the flash is able to receive signals about the required flash output power and adjust itself accordingly. Manual flashes can only be controlled using the buttons on the back.