Off and on


Status
Not open for further replies.

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#1
Hello everyone! :thumbsup:

Love this website...it gets me enthusiastic about photography again. For me, I get all enthusiastic about photography for a while, and then my interest wanes, and I get into lomography, and then once again my interest dies off...then after a few weeks/months, I get interested all over again, start visiting photography websites like this, etc...

Do any of you get this? Seems like everyone here is hard-core, ear-sleep-dream photography type of enthusiasts!

Also, sometimes photography can be an expensive hobby...is it you guys sacrifice other luxuries so as to spend on photography? Or...are you just...plain rich?
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
0
41
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
#2
daphz said:
Hello everyone! :thumbsup:

Love this website...it gets me enthusiastic about photography again. For me, I get all enthusiastic about photography for a while, and then my interest wanes, and I get into lomography, and then once again my interest dies off...then after a few weeks/months, I get interested all over again, start visiting photography websites like this, etc...

Do any of you get this? Seems like everyone here is hard-core, ear-sleep-dream photography type of enthusiasts!

Also, sometimes photography can be an expensive hobby...is it you guys sacrifice other luxuries so as to spend on photography? Or...are you just...plain rich?
u said LOMOGRAPHY?!?!?!

Game!!!! I wan to get one too...where? how much? what kind of film? processing fee how much? what kind of LOMO r u using?...and lastly...can i get one cheap one?
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#3
daphz said:
Hello everyone! :thumbsup:

Love this website...it gets me enthusiastic about photography again. For me, I get all enthusiastic about photography for a while, and then my interest wanes, and I get into lomography, and then once again my interest dies off...then after a few weeks/months, I get interested all over again, start visiting photography websites like this, etc...

Do any of you get this? Seems like everyone here is hard-core, ear-sleep-dream photography type of enthusiasts!

Also, sometimes photography can be an expensive hobby...is it you guys sacrifice other luxuries so as to spend on photography? Or...are you just...plain rich?
Hi daphz~! Welcome to ClubSNAP!! :cheergal:

I'm definitely not a hard-core photography type of enthusiast. In fact, I'm still a newbie, who'd started photography in Feb 2004! But I do like to hang out in this forum, and chat quite a bit. :embrass:

I concur with you that photography is an expensive hobby. Then again, which hobby isn't expensive? :dunno: Ultimately, the ends would justify all the means! :D
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#4
khairi said:
u said LOMOGRAPHY?!?!?!

Game!!!! I wan to get one too...where? how much? what kind of film? processing fee how much? what kind of LOMO r u using?...and lastly...can i get one cheap one?
Aiyah yoda, put in a 35mm b&w in the lomo, and process it yourself lah!! :blah:
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#5
You can get lomo cameras from Kino, or Far East plaza. I own a fake cybersampler (not really fake, they just packaged it as a 'TOY camera', and no lomo brand) from SimplyToys at Far East.

Normal film is used for most lomo cameras I think, at least, I use normal film. Processing is same as usual.

oh and my fake-o camera is $20. Real LOMO brands ones are $80 upwards...

btw, do u happen to be kairin from LJ?
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#7
The_Cheat said:
Hi daphz~! Welcome to ClubSNAP!! :cheergal:

I'm definitely not a hard-core photography type of enthusiast. In fact, I'm still a newbie, who'd started photography in Feb 2004! But I do like to hang out in this forum, and chat quite a bit. :embrass:

I concur with you that photography is an expensive hobby. Then again, which hobby isn't expensive? :dunno: Ultimately, the ends would justify all the means! :D
this site is fast-moving man! hey when you say u 'started photography'...means SLR camera huh? hehe, to me, owning an SLR makes one a serious photographer!

I own an ixus. Don't really plan to get an SLR in the near future. So bulky, so heavy, so inconvenient. aiyoh.
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
0
41
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
#8
daphz said:
You can get lomo cameras from Kino, or Far East plaza. I own a fake cybersampler (not really fake, they just packaged it as a 'TOY camera', and no lomo brand) from SimplyToys at Far East.

Normal film is used for most lomo cameras I think, at least, I use normal film. Processing is same as usual.

oh and my fake-o camera is $20. Real LOMO brands ones are $80 upwards...

btw, do u happen to be kairin from LJ?
LJ? Kairin? I think it's by an accident that my name crashed into ur friend's name. :D
nope...me none of the above...a fake Lomo does a good job like the real LOMO?
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#9
The only fake lomo camera I managed to find was the cybersampler...for others, like pop 9, holga, or LC-A, have to buy the real one!

Mine works just like the real one
 

khairi

Senior Member
Apr 6, 2004
2,526
0
0
41
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
#10
daphz said:
The only fake lomo camera I managed to find was the cybersampler...for others, like pop 9, holga, or LC-A, have to buy the real one!

Mine works just like the real one
oh i c...i think as long as i works should be fine...what kind of like condition can the fake lomowork under? he he maybe i'd buy yours lah...just kidding

say r u a designer?...that's Vector graphic for an avatar.
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#11
daphz said:
this site is fast-moving man! hey when you say u 'started photography'...means SLR camera huh? hehe, to me, owning an SLR makes one a serious photographer!

I own an ixus. Don't really plan to get an SLR in the near future. So bulky, so heavy, so inconvenient. aiyoh.
I started off with a Panasonic FZ1 in Feb, sold it in Mar and gotten a SLR. Now I have six cameras, I think... :bsmilie:
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#12
khairi said:
oh i c...i think as long as i works should be fine...what kind of like condition can the fake lomowork under? he he maybe i'd buy yours lah...just kidding

say r u a designer?...that's Vector graphic for an avatar.
For $20...it's a wonderful bargain. even got me interested in toy cameras for a while!

yeah I'm a web designer, that avatar was illustrated just for fun...
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#13
The_Cheat said:
I started off with a Panasonic FZ1 in Feb, sold it in Mar and gotten a SLR. Now I have six cameras, I think... :bsmilie:
Why have so many cameras? After all, you can only use one at one time... :think:
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#14
khairi said:
maybe...tell shop process slide only...then get a scanner to scan...cheaper rite?
Process slides = $6 plus minus unmounted. One bottle of b&w developer cost $6 plus minus too, for god knows how many rolls of film! :bsmilie:

I think I'll develop it myself... :D
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#15
daphz said:
Why have so many cameras? After all, you can only use one at one time... :think:
Let see, SLR for serious work, prosumer cam for convenience and fieldwork, rangefinder for street shoot, MF and another rangefinder for fun... :D
 

daphz

New Member
Apr 19, 2004
223
0
0
38
#16
The_Cheat said:
Let see, SLR for serious work, prosumer cam for convenience and fieldwork, rangefinder for street shoot, MF and another rangefinder for fun... :D
What is rangefinder? :embrass:

What is MF? :embrass:
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#17
daphz said:
What is rangefinder? :embrass:

What is MF? :embrass:
Hahah~! When you start learning more and more about photography, you'll start to get more and more curious about different cameras... You can read about RF and MF in the forum. But nothing beats holding it on your hand and shooting with them... and seeing the pictures at the end of the day too. Not about to explain to you in your thread, since I think I'd already went super OT liao! :bsmilie:
 

Brandon

New Member
Mar 12, 2004
419
0
0
CCK
#18
daphz said:
Also, sometimes photography can be an expensive hobby...is it you guys sacrifice other luxuries so as to spend on photography? Or...are you just...plain rich?
I'm definitely in the "sacrifice other luxury" category :(

Anyway, if you like photography then you like photography....
If you are "on" it will welcome you, if you are "off" it will wait for you to come back again :bsmilie:
LOMO, P&S, SLR, DSLR, whatever doesn't matter ;)

Welcome to clubsnap daphz :thumbsup:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom