Of Wives and Nikon Stuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the Orchard Road area this evening with my wife. We happened to be passing by Lucky Plaza. Hence, I decided to drop by Lords to check out the Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8D lens. I'd been eyeing it for quite some time.

Eventually, after playing with it, I decided to buy it for S$620. To top it off, I also bought a 62mm Nikon NC filter for another S$55. This was when my trouble started.

To my utter surprise, my wife started nagging at me in front of the sales staff there. I realised that she wasn't too happy with me spending S$675 for the lens and filter. Not wanting to create a scene, I simply chose to keep quiet and make payment. Fortunately, to my utter relief, the nagging stopped once we left the shop.

Well, the moral of the story here, in my opinion is, "Never bring your wife along with you when buying camera stuffs. It can lead to an embarrasing situation for you.":embrass:

Nevertheless, I was smiling all the way home, feeling proud with my new lens. :D

very dangerous move to bring wife along to buy that...

The guys there must be used to it by now. The exact same thing happened to me when I bought a camera off them.

The funny thing is that my wife didn't complain when I bought her a diamond ring worth (more than that camera) from Richard Hung's Jewelery shop just a few metres away from Lords a few years prior to that. :sweatsm:

should test the purchase on the spot and use the lens to take a beautiful picture of your wife ;p

anyway, there are things a wife never understand and some things a husband never understand, makes the world interesting doesn't it?

The complains will stop if you print the photos plenty of them and she sees them of your children, travels and all the stuff cameras are made for, capturing memories... of your memories together.

She will even encourage you to get the best printer and photo papers.

:)

You have violated the first rule of buying photography stuff. "Never Bring Your Wife Along." I always tell my wife that my purchase is only $100 or less. This will avoid any arguments and possibly headaches. So for health reason don't bring her along. Sometimes I buy first and keep it in my car till she is not home and then bring it up. When she asked about it I just tell her that it's been there all along. But there are times when I just put my foot forward and but what I want as it is my money and I worked hard for it. But to avoid any unnecessary quarrel just do the above.

dun worry too much about it..... just go out and shoot nice pictures and enjoy your lens....

after all, you bought the lens liao right?

The complains will stop if you print the photos plenty of them and she sees them of your children, travels and all the stuff cameras are made for, capturing memories... of your memories together.

She will even encourage you to get the best printer and photo papers.

:)

Ah you are one lucky dude my friend.

Actually, my wife's different. I am fortunate. She holds the finances but, she often discusses about my equipment needs. And, she is also interested in my kind of photography. heh heh.. btw, she follows along when I buy equipment. :)

should test the purchase on the spot and use the lens to take a beautiful picture of your wife ;p

I did take a shot of her at the shop, but I only showed it to the sales person instead. He cringed and gave me a wink. I understood why and deleted it immediately. Her face was looong and moody, man!:embrass:

Anyway, to all of you, who'd responded to this thread, thank you very much for all the valuable advice. I really appreciate it. Silly me. First time went shopping for Nikon stuffs with her. :embrass:

By the way, she wasn't present with me when I bought my first DSLR. Hence, I didn't have any prior warning.

So the morale of the story is to... buy something more expensive for her first!

The funny thing is that my wife didn't complain when I bought her a diamond ring worth (more than that camera) from Richard Hung's Jewelery shop just a few metres away from Lords a few years prior to that. :sweatsm:

So the morale of the story is to... buy something more expensive for her first!

be more specific la... ITS DIAMONDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahhahahahahahahhaha :devil:

haha i don't have the wife problems... but i have the Parents and Siblings problem!! I always tell them i borrow or rent the equipments and then put and put and put then slowly they will get used to it... then it's mine liao ;)

i do not look forward to the day i have a wife. already my mum is nagging me whenever i make a purchase for lenses. :( imagine wife!

To my utter surprise, my wife started nagging at me in front of the sales staff there. I realised that she wasn't too happy with me spending S$675 for the lens and filter. Not wanting to create a scene, I simply chose to keep quiet and make payment. Fortunately, to my utter relief, the nagging stopped once we left the shop.

there's nothing more i hate than giving everyone a free show.
lucky for me,wife knows how much i hate that n only nags @ home.

Status
Not open for further replies.