Of Tablets - Wacom Graphire4, Acecom and Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Saw these 3 brands and for the same size(A5), Wacom is $179, while Acecom and Manhattan is only $69!!!

Is it due to the packaged software that jacked up Wacom's price? Or is it due to other reasons?

Have people here used the other brands? Any comments in comparison Wacom?

Thank You!

i was also thinking of buying on to use as a mouse, the wacom looked fun when i played with it at epicenter. $69 sounds cheap!

i was also thinking of buying on to use as a mouse, the wacom looked fun when i played with it at epicenter. $69 sounds cheap!

err.. $69 one is not the wacom one.. the treadstarter was referring to Acecom and Manhattan brand tablets..

But I suspect it's going to be great for doing post processing and touchup in Photoshop.

Would the non-wacom ones have pressure sensitivity? If it does then that'll be pretty useful for PP and digital painting, otherwise then well...its pretty much like a glorified mouse.

Z

wacom has pressure sensitivity, and the pressure sensor is in the pen

Would the non-wacom ones have pressure sensitivity? If it does then that'll be pretty useful for PP and digital painting, otherwise then well...its pretty much like a glorified mouse.

Z

yes... the non-wacom ones have pressure sensitivity (check the box to be sure).. I used to have a cheap genius tablet ($50-60) until i lost the pen... -_-""" and it has 1024 levels (or so it claims)...

Interestingly, the cheaper wacom ones (graphire) only have 512 levels of pressure.. haha

yeah, i got the fact that the wacom is really expensive. well, would i serve well as a mouse for surfing the net? i dont really play games...

I checked out their 9" by 12" Wacom vs Genius before.
Although the Genius is half the price of the Wacom, and having the same 1024 pressure levels, it also has a lesser sensitivity.
Something to do with LPI, more for the x- and y-coordinates, probably something to do with accuracy.
It might be more friendly to use it with PhotoShop and graphics design, ie. Art & Inking, never tried it out for games though.

But I suspect it's going to be great for doing post processing and touchup in Photoshop.

No it is not easy to use.
Many a times i end up using mouse again

Ryan

No it is not easy to use.
Many a times i end up using mouse again

Ryan
First and foremost, I'm thinking of using it to draw. Then digital coloring.

finally. digital photoediting like dodging.

No thoughts of gaming, I only play dotam, so any mouse will do.

I just want to know, Is there any difference between the performance of the tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.