OEM Batteries for FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qingrong

Jul 8, 2005
any recommendations? or should I just get the original? please share some lobangs. Thanks!

the original ones are quite expensive. if you are looking for a backup batterry, an OEM battery would be preferred. the one I bought from AP actually has a lower capacity rating! I know of sime that specificied a higher rating though...
oem batteries are around $20+ - $30...

My eastgear battery that I bought from funan (non eastgear shop) lasts longer than my original. My record for FZ5 stands at 602 (90% of the photos use flash) photos + some reviewing from 1 original + 1 OEM Eastgear battery. My other $25 brand battery barely gives me 200+ photos even though it's 40% rated higher than the original.

I got my oem batt for $28, cheaper than what eastgear is selling ($35). But I notice mine is green wording (older sticker) as compared to their newer blue wording stickers.

Hi "unsee", what is the Eastgear model you brought (The one that last longer then the original) and how much you pay for it ?

Thanks

jyhk_Junk said:
Hi "unsee", what is the Eastgear model you brought (The one that last longer then the original) and how much you pay for it ?

Thanks

"unsee" <--- unseen.. :D

Haha ..sorry ..sorry .. typo error .. it should be unseen ...

some ebay member selling is much more cheaper....:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :thumbsup:

I bought mine at Inforcom (funan L4) for $28.90
Its Eastgear batt. blue label CD-S002A 7.2v 900mAh.

same one.. inforcom for $28.90
anyway if you want to risk the ebay ones feel free to.. heard that they don't last as long as the original one though.. I'm almost sure that my Eastgear batt lasts longer than my original.. my other OEM (Digital Power 980mAh) lasts only about 200+ shots..

Mine is the common "Megapower" brand. Its sold everywhere with the darkblue and yellow box. Rating 700mAH only! Lower than the original battery. Have not used it much though..

thks all for the information... u guys only has 2 batteries in total? is this sufficient? ;)

original rating is only 680mAh..
2 batt used to be enough for me and my FZ5. could really last me about 400 + shots at least and i still have spare. but since i took up shooting events and street shooting, 1 day i can hit even more than just 400 shots.. so i needed more than just 2 batt so that i wouldn't be caught without batteries.

haha I've got my battery project on going. you can make your own battery pack that can use AA battery some more!!
cost for me so far:
$1.5 for 6 piece battery holder
$26 for 8 pieces of AA 2500mAh Sanyo battery
$2 for a Sony 1.7mm plug

yet to get:
some nice looking wires, time to solder the parts together

I will get:
1 X 2500mAh battery pack for FZ digi cam, which can use AA batteries in times of emergency.

Where you find the Sony 1.7mm plug.... and how to tell which part positive which part negative?

Pls update us if it successful :)

idea from don chua.. he has got a working one..
i'm doing some enhancements to mine.. ermz.. i mean i WILL be doing some to mine..
see if can allow for 5 AND 6 battery configurations.

1.7mm plug, go sim lim tower.. i walk all the shops, only got 2 shops sell.. ermz.. but i forgot the names, only know which ones.. 3rd floor n basement.

Forgot the polarity.. hmmmm i think (i forgot, must open up see again) the inside shorter part is positive, outside is negative. can always ask the shop pple.. NOTE: Soldering the plug is not easy. involves a bit of skill + relatively steady hands.

Alternatively. I think it's possible if you find one of the old sony discman chargers and cut the wire and use it. saves you the trouble of soldering, but the wire's pretty ugly.
and the plug is bent (L shape) not straight.

*edit*
sony plugs have got this yellow tip. you can't miss it. there's 2 type though.. 1 small and 1 big.
fitting the small one in will feel like it's the 1st time, every time you push it in. the big one will fit just nice. (small one got 3 shops selling $0.70 - $1, but i prefer the big one) It's your personal preference. Me, I like mine to be big. ;) :p

Do most or all of the sony discman chargers fit? Might get the sony charger instead haha, save trouble of soldering. Thanks

yeah.. they SHOULD fit. Even psp uses the sony plug (small one)
but sony chargers come in the big sized type and the small sized type plug. depends on the one you have.

Eastgear selling $35. Note Model: S002A; the salesman did not know which is for fz5. It has higher capacity than original, at 900mAh. Performance is so far so good. On the batt it state that cell is made in Japan. :heart:

As mentioned, Inforcom @ funan sells the Eastgear battery..

Hmmm highly recommended Eastgear battery! Just tested today.
Eastgear battery alone: (794 - 373) = 421 photos! at least 80% with flash + ocassional reviewing via main LCD. Woot.. would recommend everyone try the eastgear battery!!

My eastgear battery:
Green label, EG-S002 Li-Ion
says that cells are made in Japan. My guess it's 6 industrial type AAA rechargable cells. ermz.. out of point.. but 1.2V X 6 = the 7.2 volts stated for the battery, and as it goes 900mAh is the max for AAA batts..

From my estimate, possible that my 2500mAh battery pack can possibly last 1000+ photos with the FZ5..

Status
Not open for further replies.