Odex Directors "forgive" anime downloaders in Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know about you guys, but i dont want anyone to use some tracking device to monitor what i do online, i mean stuffs like booking movie tix online, or buying things off ebay, etc :sweat: downloading is one thing, but having monitored on what things we do online is absolutely no-no :sweat:
hehe ..... juz curious ... what have you been doing online?.......:rolleyes:
(juz joking hor.)

hehe ..... juz curious ... what have you been doing online?.......:rolleyes:
(juz joking hor.)

yah loh, good question... what have i been doing online ? :think:
think i dont online after office hrs nowadays... so i wonder i still subscribe to internet for wat. if not for the subscription contract, i would have kick sinknet liao :angel:
in the past? watching anime - youbertube, crunchynutroll :sweatsm:

Great PR move but its no good when they had committed political suicide in the first place.

i hope the judge addresses this during the appeal trial

the harm is already done... even the 9 year old boy paid S$600.00 for the 'damages'. seriously i wonder on what basis did odex ever define as 'damages' in the 1st place?

if they want to blame anyone, they should blame themselves for their poor sales, and the question now is their business ethics. bit torrent probably isnt the only way where people obtain 'free' anime in the 1st place.

odex is really ultra busy now. 1st they brought the 2 ISPs to court, demanding for release of info. then they threatened to sue the downloaders via bit torrent but did they actually bring any downloaders to court if they mean business? im not sure if odex is simply using the loopholes to have quick cash and then exit. IF they seemed to have the absolute 'rights' to demand info from the ISPs (their rights are being questioned big time now).

now, by having such info, how come they don't tackle the roots of the problem by actually suing the downloaders if they still insist they're right to do so? from the latest news, it seems that they're somewhat backing now (promised not to send anymore letters) but they are still monitoring right?

i've always wondered why they need 1000 * 3 downloaders' info. if they want to mean business, why not target everyone here?

oof!

the harm is already done... even the 9 year old boy paid S$600.00 for the 'damages'. seriously i wonder on what basis did odex ever define as 'damages' in the 1st place?

if they want to blame anyone, they should blame themselves for their poor sales, and the question now is their business ethics. bit torrent probably isnt the only way where people obtain 'free' anime in the 1st place.

odex is really ultra busy now. 1st they brought the 2 ISPs to court, demanding for release of info. then they threatened to sue the downloaders via bit torrent but did they actually bring any downloaders to court if they mean business? im not sure if odex is simply using the loopholes to have quick cash and then exit. IF they seemed to have the absolute 'rights' to demand info from the ISPs (their rights are being questioned big time now).

now, by having such info, how come they don't tackle the roots of the problem by actually suing the downloaders if they still insist they're right to do so? from the latest news, it seems that they're somewhat backing now (promised not to send anymore letters) but they are still monitoring right?

i've always wondered why they need 1000 * 3 downloaders' info. if they want to mean business, why not target everyone here?

oof!

no i'm more concerned that they have private information on their hands that they could sell to people. Very worrying: imagine if someone has your address etc and put the info up for sale...how you react?

no i'm more concerned that they have private information on their hands that they could sell to people. Very worrying: imagine if someone has your address etc and put the info up for sale...how you react?

thats the thing im worried about too - privacy. thats why i want to switch to pacnet.

thats the thing im worried about too - privacy. thats why i want to switch to pacnet.

yeap me too as soon as my contract is up.

yeap me too as soon as my contract is up.

youre with sinknet or starmug?

ive been a good customer with sinknet all these years... got broadband with them and 2 fone lines. im just gonna cancel everything soon... grrr

eloping ar? :devil:

no need to elope lah... becos of my health reasons.. oei irrelevant to this topic leh :bsmilie:

anyway, ive found out why odex has taken so frigging long to sell new anime and that their subs are so bad. their own team didnt translate from japanese to english. they are such good businessmen :lovegrin:

http://atalude.wordpress.com/2007/08/12/how-do-i-gotten-pwnt/

I’ve finally gotten some work done for Odex, heh. Edited the Battle Athletes OVA script last week… and in the process, I found out why the Odex subs have been so bad. They don’t translate from the actual Japanese dialogue, apparently. They get a Chinese translation script from Taiwan or Hong Kong, and have their people translate from that into English, introducing a large number of translation errors in the process. Kanzaki Akari says “Sugoi!” in one memorable scene in the third episode of the OVAs, which their translators transmogrified into “The wind is so strong here!”. Talk about reading too much into a line.

- Comment by lindsey — August 15, 2007 #

no need to elope lah... becos of my health reasons.. oei irrelevant to this topic leh :bsmilie:

anyway, ive found out why odex has taken so frigging long to sell new anime and that their subs are so bad. their own team didnt translate from japanese to english. they are such good businessmen :lovegrin:

http://atalude.wordpress.com/2007/08/12/how-do-i-gotten-pwnt/

lol the odex wars make your heart sick till buay tahan is it?:bsmilie:

having nosebleed from their bad translations :bsmilie:

non stop huh? i turn on tv i get big geyser from all the bad english.:bsmilie:

Ah, I suspect and have a theory that this "forgiveness" is calculated with a strategic aim in mind, and is related to the appeal which they said they would file. I have already captured my speculation in a "time-stamped" capsule and will reveal it if it proves to be right later on. Reason for not revealing it now is because I dont want to give Odex more ideas and strategies just in case I'm wrong and they didn't actually thought of it.

Ah, I suspect and have a theory that this "forgiveness" is calculated with a strategic aim in mind, and is related to the appeal which they said they would file. I have already captured my speculation in a "time-stamped" capsule and will reveal it if it proves to be right later on. Reason for not revealing it now is because I dont want to give Odex more ideas and strategies just in case I'm wrong and they didn't actually thought of it.

all the big things they've done with the media over the last couple of weeks seems to be aimed at swaying the judge in their favor isn't it?

I doubt the judge would be swayed if he is impartial. Litigation via the media is usually frowned upon in most judicial systems.

That said, I now note that ST reported that Odex filed the appeal on monday - lets see if they will carry it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.