odd introduction for a shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

weishengg

Jan 6, 2008
Hi all,

was just surfing around the websites of some local photography shops.
chanced about this really funny "about" section by M** Ph*t*

http://www.maxphoto.com.sg/about.htm

no offences intended! just found it amusing and would like to share!

Cheers,
weisheng

it seem like using a dummy text while (web designer) doing mock up for customer (Max Photo) to see and approve the wed design, but in the end, customer never provide the actual write up, so it end up this way.

Cool.. so they are small particles that are complex and difficult to understand?

I prefer to buy from bigger and shops that are easier to understand, no wonder I've never heard of them before..:bsmilie:

Catchlights is correct.

The same block of text appears in other parts of the website as well.

Which is why another 'golden' rule was created for designers: When you want to put in dummy text, never ever use text blocks in the same language.

I fondly remember one CD writing about that ... and when a big presentation was given to Client (Fujifilm USA IIRC), the client looked at the mock-ups, read the text and said it was 'Brilliant!', and instructed the agency to use that exact text! Since client kept the mock-ups, the CD and AD had to vaugely remember what the text said, and laboriously re-write it. The Client wondered why the final copy didn't quite have the same impact as when it was first presented in the mock-ups.

Ah i see, thanks for the wonderful insight!

Cheers =)
weisheng

Status
Not open for further replies.