Observe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceship

Nov 1, 2007
hi,i took this shot as i wanted to show how the guy was just observing everyone who walked pass.However the weather was very bad today thus couldn't get the lightning i wanted for the shot.i used Nikon FM and fuji superia 400.Please comment on how i can improve on
1)framing.
2)exposure.
Thanks!

2537643235_c23c39b581.jpg

Hi, Thank for sharing your photo. You are using a Nikon FM, I have 2 bodies but not in use now, good camera.

My comment is as follow:

1. If exclude the scene on the right, it will be simplify the subject. My suggestion is used a slow speed to show the movement.

2. Exposure the lower part seem to under exposed than the top part. What was the exposure you used.

Hope this will help.

Hi, Thank for sharing your photo. You are using a Nikon FM, I have 2 bodies but not in use now, good camera.

My comment is as follow:

1. If exclude the scene on the right, it will be simplify the subject. My suggestion is used a slow speed to show the movement.

Hope this will help.

yeah, you can try cropping the scene on the right, i believe it will tell your story more. and i also feels that the picture is slanted.

The man is supposed to be your subject, but its not getting the attention, its too underexposed and too small....the other subjects are the people he is observing right? Then why such a big frame wasted on the lanterns and the building, which now became the distraction.....unless they are your subject too.:)

thanks everyone for all the great pointer!i tried cropping it and it really seems better!i was using shutter speed of 1/60 already and i didnt have a tripod with me thus i was afraid of blur.i shot a total of 3-5 shots of him but the other shots are in the other roll thus i hope the exposure for it is better haha.

i would say this pic is severly tilted to a side...

yeahh i adjusted it on iphoto and it looks less tilted.thanks haha my eyesight very bad even though i am young haha

Agree with lastboltnut, subject is too small and underexposed. Maybe a little closer and lower to get to his level of perspective to actually show what he is looking at.

I think if you frame your pic from a lower angle behind the man will really show that he is observing the people moving around.

Use a slower shutter to capture the movement of people would be nice too.

Technically speaking the exposure is alittle tricky here due to the extreme in lightning.
If you meter the man, outside will be overexposed.
If you meter outside, the man will be underexposed like what we see in the photo.

There may be a need to use manual mode, metering outside and with the use of flash (togeter with bounce card).

But this could alert the man!:eek:

Hm.....tricky situation...........hahaha.....

www.yongsak.com

haha nikon FM is a fully manual camera!i think i made a error in the exposure.

you might want to just place the camera closer to the subject with the cam on a tripod.use a slower shutter speed to create more motion in ur photo.monochrome might help imho too.

what monochrome haha sorry for my lack of knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.