Observations Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qhelix

My monitor seems to show pictures darker than they should be, but I don't really have anyway to find out if that's really the case. I only say this because pictures taken with mt camera appear fine but when viewed on my computer they appear darker.

Here's a pic I took. I'd just like to know whether it appears dark to you guys, cos when I took it it seem perfectly fine on my camera.

aag.jpg

Originally posted by qhelix
My monitor seems to show pictures darker than they should be, but I don't really have anyway to find out if that's really the case. I only say this because pictures taken with mt camera appear fine but when viewed on my computer they appear darker.

Here's a pic I took. I'd just like to know whether it appears dark to you guys, cos when I took it it seem perfectly fine on my camera.

aag.jpg

The bear looks pretty fine to me. Make sure your monitor is properly calibrated, at least with Adobe Gamma.

Regards
CK

Adobe gamma? What's that? Where can I get it? Or is it found in Photoshop?

bear looks slightly under.
are you using explorer to view, or some imaging s/w like PS?

Not sure it works, but this happened for one of the PC at work. A gateway PC. Pics viewed on it were darker than wad i see using my home PC.

Solved it by adjusting the colour in the monitor settings.
In one of the settings, there are 3 different coloured bars.
They were originally all around the middle, and i moved all 3
of them almost to the max, and wah lah... brighter monitor.

Not really good at explanations...
hope it helps.
;P

That's the problem. I dunno whether my monitor is calibrated properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.