Oakley Sunglasses - where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_always

Apr 10, 2004
Singapore
Hi all, I am thinking of getting my first oakley sunglasses. Interested on half wire series. anyone of you know the price of it? thank. ;)

sam_always said:
Hi all, I am thinking of getting my first oakley sunglasses. Interested on half wire series. anyone of you know the price of it? thank. ;)
All Paris Mike Optics stores have Oakley.

sam_always said:

Wah talking about one of my favorite brand of sunglasses. There is a Oakley Shop at Bugis Junction near the central escalator. Good place for you to see the entire line.

But to buy there abit pricey as the retail prices are pretty controlled, I use to buy my collection at various odd places that managed to sell them to me at slightly lower prices then the "open retail" market. I also got a couple from my cousin in KL at better prices too but limited models. I got a few at an eyeware shop at Ginza Plaza and also a basement shop in Lucky Plaza but that is a long time ago. Not sure if they are still there or not but they were more willing to give me about 20-30% off some of those I wanted. I got the Romeo for about $350 instead of $538 for example. These days I don't go that crazy and throw money on them as much (too many hobbies)heheh...and age too heh don;t want peopleto think I am going through a midlife crisis like that heheh

Anyway abit off the scene now as to where to buy them since I mainly look at the newer ones online. The online prices seem pretty okay too. But I am sure you can get some good deals if you look hard enough. That was how I discover those few places to get them.

You can try Queensway Shopping Centre. At level one there is an optical shop (can't remember name) but opposite facing is a sports shop. In the shop there are 3 female assistants and 1 male assistant (boss). They sell their Oakleys relatively cheap and they have the latest designs also.

thanks bro... anyone know the price of half wire series? my budget is $300, wondering which model can i have?

your budget can get U most of the range in the 1/2 wires series except for polarized lenses or special correction lenses

the black iridium lens with frame should be around 290 - 320 odd

SniperD said:
your budget can get U most of the range in the 1/2 wires series except for polarized lenses or special correction lenses

the black iridium lens with frame should be around 290 - 320 odd

My Oakley 1/2 wire with black iridium lens and frame cost me $300 2 years back..

I got my oakley minute at Sunglass Hut at Suntec....the price is pretty standard there...controlled i guess....but the good thing was...I am able to exchange for a similar value or less sunglass from the shop if I don't like it as long as the condition of the sunglass is ok...you have to do it before 3 months though.....so for almost a year...i changed and tried all the oakley glasses 1 every 3 mths.... ;)

Oakley sunglasses pricing is mostly controlled in Singapore. The distributor here is damn strict on pricing and most errant retailers have been taken to task for selling their products with discounts.

It used to be true that Queensway, u are able to get them cheaper. Not any more. The shop mentioned above in Queensway served by 3 pretty ladies are official retailers for Oakley, so they are probably not discounted.

The only place I can think of that has a discount is that huge optical shop in Suntec. But theirs is parallel imports. As such theirs are 10-15% less than the official retail price. But those do not carry the local warranty and are not recognised by the service center in Singapore.

So, there you go. Happy hunting. :cool:

oakleys are the best optics around!

their service centre is pretty good as well, which makes you feel that the high price is worth it...

Robin said:
I got my oakley minute at Sunglass Hut at Suntec....the price is pretty standard there...controlled i guess....but the good thing was...I am able to exchange for a similar value or less sunglass from the shop if I don't like it as long as the condition of the sunglass is ok...you have to do it before 3 months though.....so for almost a year...i changed and tried all the oakley glasses 1 every 3 mths.... ;)

got mine from sunglass hut too... some 2 years back tho :p they do carry a wide range of oakley glasses from wat i remember :)

hmm... like that ah... maybe i should try some shops in jb see whether got discount or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.